Discuss MCS NIC Assesment - Calibration of testers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tiberius

Hey my first post!

Got our MCS NIC assessment for Solar PV in a couple of weeks, we brought a testing kit with clamp meter, thermo gun and irradiance meter. In the instruction manuals it says nothing about calibration whether it is or even if it needs it. Now read on here somewhere NIC required it but struggling to find somewhere that calibrates an irradiance meter, is this a requirement or did you guys not do it? Its a tenmars tm 206 .

Even on my NIC Solar PV course there kit wasnt calibrated although that shouldnt suprise me.

Any help would be greatful.

Hi got my niceic assesment today and got hauled up over this issue, not particularly over the irradiance meter but meter on going testing in general, not quite figured it out yet but the meter must be tested against a known quantity, on a regular (weekly?/monthly?) basis, Best i can think of is a sealed room (store room/ internal room, baisicly one room that lets as little light in as poss but has a light fitting) with a light on (60w bulb?) at a set distance then record the reading and test method, if this fails then it will be a minor and at that point you can ask for a solution, but hey why not go ask the assesor for the right answer?, I,m sure you have paid enough money for the assesment so go get your monetsworth and the correct answer, do it by email for recorded answers!

Got it off an online store but says nothing on there or the paper work we got in the kit unfortunatly.

Cheers for that Cal, has all your meters got calibration certificates or just assuming because there new?

they came with calib certs, I think that as long as you test the irradiance meter in a controled format, same evrey time then that should be okay, I am now looking at test boxes for the multimeters. there is a guy from testmeters uk on this forum so an answer from him would be good :)

Be good to get an answer on also how you test each one monthly. Testing a resistor is easy but AC voltage or DC which change, amps do too so no good using a panel. and no idea what you use to test a set temperature each month (fridge or oven maybe?!)

Guys,

The Tenmars TM206 meter is not supplied as standard with a calibration cert. They are tested in the factory in Taiwan but they don't release the certs. However, we do have a calibration house we work with who will calibrate a TM206 for us for around £55 depending on quantities.

Reply to MCS NIC Assesment - Calibration of testers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock