Discuss MCS012 Draft in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

@SRE, Nope this is the one I talked about the other day, it's the one covering mounting systems that all must comply with if you need a copy of the draft you can download one from here : MCS012 « Avontech Renewable Solutions

I thought it must be - our customers are so savvy it was one of them who sent it to me. Any indication of when it will come into force?

According to Gemserv (AKA) MCS; It should go to public consultation in about a month (or so) then feedback ... then formal publication... then manufacturers will have a 'grace period' of 2 (yes TWO) years to comply :(

By then of course - too late

Good marketing tool if it's already implimented though .... just been talking to a colleague in the Midlands who says none of his competition are doing structural surveys.

I've just read a thread on another forum used mainly by customers that reckons structural surveys aren't needed and it's just another profit for those that do it, last week installers were accused of keeping Sanyo prices artificially high - I've got to stop reading the comments I'm going to blow a gasket :cuss:

You forget SRE, the customer is always right!!

Good to see a 2 year grace period (!!!!!!), the MCS is in for the long haul (or does the left hand not know the right hand could slash the FiT)

Reply to MCS012 Draft in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock