Discuss Meeting with the business manager - New Account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tidy Max

Ive got a meeting with my local branch business manager tomorrow.

All i am doing is opening up a business current account with Natwest. Spoke to the chap on the phone yesterday and hes said the meeting will take about an hour and a half.

Just wondering what they entail?

What should i take with me? Are there any common pitfalls? Do they actually ever refuse people from having an account?

If you've done one, they will want to see a list of your business overheads and a forecast of income. If you've been trading for more than one year, a copy of your "books" should do.

That was my worry Murdoch, i haven't started trading yet, i wanted to get the account set up so i had an account to register my wholesaler accounts with.

And in terms of overheads, i currently don't have any! I still live at home with the old mother bear, i don't even have rent to pay. I'm even buying my van outright..

The most i have is a list of van prices, a list of tools im yet to buy, and a list of courses id like to do, can they be classed as overheads?

Thanks for the speedy reply Murdoch

OK. So go with a list of costs you know of:

Van
Insurance
estimate for fuel
Scam Membership
PL insurance
Tools
Phone
Advertising
PPE
Logoe'd workwear
Estimated revenue

etc, etc

AND don't forget to check they will give you free banking for the first year or more.

Its free for the first two years, which is why i am trying to snap them up on the offer :)

as always Murdoch, much appreciated!

You can show your appreciation on threads by using the "like" or "thanks" buttons!

and a copy of you business letterhead,
have you registered SE yet?
they will want a date when you went SE, even if you have another job it doesnt matter, you must be SE to have a business acc, oh, and its good if you have a cheque made to the business name to pay in on the day,
my neice recently went SE and her meeting took about 15mins if you take out all the bits where they tried selling her stuff.

Just watch the crafty buggers whilst you are in there. When I opened mine the business manager started filling a form out and then just said sign this and you will be all done. When I looked at the form, it was a business credit card application. I hit the roof because I only wanted a basic account with online facilities for paying in and out.

You cant fail at the meeting because they want your business, check everything is free, normally there is a catch, when i was asked what my projected income was i put ' as much as i can get', they were not impressed:lol:. How, in this economic climate, they expect you to project the income is a farce after what the banks have done.

ah.

i have not rgistered SE yet, i didnt realise you could registered self employed whilst still in employment?

i will watch out for them being sneaky and cheers for the heads up!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the help, the meeting went fine. Possibly the most boring 1.45hr i have ever had to endure but alas i now have a couple of business accounts so woo!

The guy didn't care whether i was self employed or not yet, really tried to push the credit card route and offer other advice, surprising just how many services Natwest offer for business customers to be honest.

Anyway, all went well and cheers for the help :hurray:

They can't fail you as they want to start a business with you but you can fail them if there is a profitable venture for you then you shoud sign the deal otherwise reject the offer as profit must be considered first.

Reply to Meeting with the business manager - New Account in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock