Discuss Megger 1730 and bluetooth dongle in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cthomson07

Am looking to upgrade my 1552 Megger to the 1730 but my laptop doesn't have blue tooth. Can anyone suggest a good blue tooth dongle that will enable the Megger to transfer data quickly and efficiently to my laptop.

mate iv got a 1730 brilliant. make sure you get powersuite with it for the test certs. I havn't got the bluetooth rigged up as i havn't got a dongle as of yet but i reckon any dongle would do to be honest.

Best performance I have achieved is with a Belkin F8TO17 USB Bluetooth Adaptor, the only drawback to this device is it's 40mm long so you have to be careful when moving the laptop with it attached.
The performance is exceptional 80m in a Victorian building with 18" Portland Stone interior/exterior walls. Otherwise >100m is possible in good conditions.

im new to be on this front,,, how does it this all work with 1730 and powersuite

does powersuite have the forms installed on it and when you take test it gives you option to send to part on test forms??? ok i dont know, but i wanna know

yeah powersuite comes preloaded and i believe that when you set ur tester up to the test your about to do it will automatically go to the correct part of the test certificate

Thanks gents probably will get 2 or 3 dongles as the price seems to be relatively ok. Just read that as long as both devices are class 1 then you should get up to 100 mtrs. Is the 1730 Megger classified as a class 1 device for sending data? Will certainly give the Belkin F8TO17 USB Bluetooth Adaptor a go to thanks MS.

Reply to Megger 1730 and bluetooth dongle in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net