Discuss Megger Avo 310 : what causes multimeters to fluctuate so much when not connected ? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it normal for them to "float about" waiting for you to take a reading etc .

Mine when waiting to do a simple volt test runs up and down like a nutter sometimes hitting 42.0mv

have not used a multi for some time !! is this just a atmosphere reading ?

cheers

Re: Megger Avo 310 : what causes multimeters to fluctuate so much when not connect

normal. mine does it all the time. it's a drawback with digital meters. now my old AVO7 don't fluctuate at all, and i can read it to half a volt.

Reply to Megger Avo 310 : what causes multimeters to fluctuate so much when not connected ? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock