Discuss Megger good price? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,
Found a Megger MFT1502 on ebay, not cal'd but will be when sold if brought via buy it now.
Seller says was given to him by old company he no longer works for and now works for a test and measurement calibration company.
Sale price has starting bid (no bids yet, 4 days 20 hours left) of £175 and a Buy it Now of £250.

What do you think? Good deal?

Thanks

I would hold out mate an get the 1552 its got the auto RCD test feature. Got mine from ebay for £310,
if his job is to calibrates testers why does this not come with a ticket?

aas post #2. go for a 1552 or 1553. that auto RCD test is essential. IMO.

i got a 1552 off ebay for £250 , not calibrated tho , thought it was a cracking deal till i got ripped for £96 to get it calibrated

still a good deal, except the calibration charge is a rip-off. £60 is about the top whack for MFT, unless they had to do some adjustments.

i asked the guy i bought it from " does it have a calibration cert with it ? he said yes , when i received it the certs was the original from megger 3 years old , guys lucky i have a sense of humour and he lived 300 miles away

Thanks for all the reply's.
From what I have seen it has ramp test.

Am looking to buy as my first tester. Currently using a company tester. Doing maintenance so at the min am only doing RCD tests and the kewtech I am using does not have auto RCD so not all that bothered (good exercise anyway and mostly flats) however this function would be nice but as a first tester am wondering if to go with the 1552 and spend more of go with a more reasonable price of the 1502. the bluetooth is no use to me so the 1553 useless to me.

Not sure which to go with.

What do you all think of the Dilog 9083p?

Thanks

logs are for putting on the fire. 1552 or 1553 all the way. with a 1553, the bluetooth is a pain anyway, so just don't use it. either of the above can be got 2nd hand for around £300, calibrated if you're lucky.

now that's a bargain for OP.

Reply to Megger good price? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock