Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Megger MFT1730 2016 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Poncho Sads

Poncho Sads New EF Member

I am thinking about buying the Megger MFT1730, I have read bad reviews (before 2014) on the no trip test and z readings being off. Does anyone know what the 1730 is like now in 2016? is it worth buying?

has there been any software upgrades to fix the issues? any info is appreciated

2. robo83

robo83 Regular EF Member

Hi,

Firstly Megger customer service was 10/10 for me.

I have the 1730, I had an early version. Had a few issues, sent it back. 3 days later I get it back, all updated with fixed issue.

Since then it's been great.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

3. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Hi,i can vouch for the service,at least in my own instances of contacting them.

I have a collection of gear (whether i need it all is a matter of conjecture:winkiss:) including a new 1720.

It is good,reliable tackle,factoring in anything electronic related is FAR from infallible.

I was considering having a play with a new 1735,knowing full well,the minute i own one,they'll bring out one with a radio,compass and a torch...

4. trypod

trypod Regular EF Member

MFT 1731 is the way to go

5. Poncho Sads

Poncho Sads New EF Member

so after the update now all the Zs readings and no trip readings you get are as expected?