Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss megger pat 420 label printer in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 81mark

81mark Guest

Hi

Any one own a label printer for the megger pat 420(or the brother version that has not been rebranded!!)
    Mine seems to be wasting a lot of tape before actually printing the required label, any clues to prevent this?!!

Cheers.

2. steve.

steve. Guest

Hi Bought one about 6 months ago, and like you said it does waste alot of tape. You would think doing the calcs that a 8 meter role should give you about 300ish labels, but the time you have these off cuts then this is more like 150ish. Spoek to Megger about this and it seemed a little short-sightedness and thier side but from speakin gto them just after Christmas there was some indications that they might be looking at other printers.

Regarding to cues there is no way to prevent this as far as i am aware, and Megger recognise this.

3. 81mark

81mark Guest

I spoke to Brother and they say its due to the print head size. There is no way around it.

4. steve.

steve. Guest

I suppose that Brother are not bothered they just sell more print cartridges. But like i said that Megger i believe are looking are a possible alternative / replacement. Hummmmm!!!