Discuss Megger power suite is it worthwhile having? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Our company uses that software, although I haven't used any other type of software. I can say I find Megger straight forward enough to use, you can fill the boxes up or down (EG putting the same mcb type in the column) the information you write on the circuit schedule is automatically transferred to the DB schedule when you generate that page. The certificates can be easily put onto USB sticks and transferred to another laptop or PC (I think our firm converts them to pdf and then emails them to the client) I also believe the software can be tailored to your specific needs (IE size of boxes, number of lines, portrait or landscape)
Only gripe I have is that once you get to about 90 odd pages the programme becomes very slow! Probably down to the company laptop being about 10 year old!

I used the Megger Power Suite, which I purchased with my 1730 in 2012, so I don't know how the current software has changed since then. I used it for domestic installs only.

The software itself was simpler enough to use, but did not look particular good or easy to view for the end user (customer). You need the software itself to view the file, so I had to give the customer a hard copy. Technical support was expensive, and at the time only lasted for 90 days from the original purchase. Additional support could be purchased, but it was very expensive, as was any software updates.

I didn't know that the files could be converted to pdf, because my tech support had run out. When I spoke to a Megger sales person at an Elex show, he agreed the software was that great.

PS as with this type of software, you have the bother of storing the files securely. I use good old fashion pen & paper on site, and scheme on-line software afterwards.

I used the Megger Power Suite, which I purchased with my 1730 in 2012, so I don't know how the current software has changed since then. I used it for domestic installs only.

The software itself was simpler enough to use, but did not look particular good or easy to view for the end user (customer). You need the software itself to view the file, so I had to give the customer a hard copy. Technical support was expensive, and at the time only lasted for 90 days from the original purchase. Additional support could be purchased, but it was very expensive, as was any software updates.

I didn't know that the files could be converted to pdf, because my tech support had run out. When I spoke to a Megger sales person at an Elex show, he agreed the software was that great.

PS as with this type of software, you have the bother of storing the files securely. I use good old fashion pen & paper on site, and scheme on-line software afterwards.
Sorry, that should of read '
When I spoke to a Megger sales person at an Elex show, he agreed the software was NOT that great.

The idea was that you have this software and you buy MFT that stored test results then downloaded them onto cert.

Yep, that's was what encouraged me to purchase my 1730, when I returned to the industry. Trouble was I started to play around with the software & MFT, before doing my initial testing & inspection course, which activated the software. So when I got to the point of using the Bluetooth mode/Powersuite and got stuck, I rang Megger. 'Sorry Mr Midwest, your tech support ran out after 90 days. You can purchase additional support for £***'. Or I could of attended one of their courses, on how to use the software etc, for £*** :mad:

Pen and paper for me when I'm on site. It's a telling sign when the little black book is full of numbers that have nothing to having a good time ...

Yep, that's was what encouraged me to purchase my 1730, when I returned to the industry. Trouble was I started to play around with the software & MFT, before doing my initial testing & inspection course, which activated the software. So when I got to the point of using the Bluetooth mode/Powersuite and got stuck, I rang Megger. 'Sorry Mr Midwest, your tech support ran out after 90 days. You can purchase additional support for £***'. Or I could of attended one of their courses, on how to use the software etc, for £*** :mad:
Hi MW - Having explained the company line, the person should've helped you on the phone anyway. What does it cost them ?

Looked into Powersuite many years ago and was put off it by a mate who was a manager of a hire shop they used it for logging PAT testing of their machines and they got to a point where it was cheaper to upgrade the tester with a new tester and software package than to update the software on it's own.
All manufacturers seem to have similar methods to get you into cheap software and once you are hooked the price ramps up

Looked into Powersuite many years ago and was put off it by a mate who was a manager of a hire shop they used it for logging PAT testing of their machines and they got to a point where it was cheaper to upgrade the tester with a new tester and software package than to update the software on it's own.
All manufacturers seem to have similar methods to get you into cheap software and once you are hooked the price ramps up
Amtech is like that they want you to pay £200+ per year for any patch updates (I never noticed any improvements on it and technical support that justs go answer recorded message there is nobody to take your call right now then hangs up.

Reply to Megger power suite is it worthwhile having? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net