Discuss megger repair in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as title. does anyone know of a good repairer for my 1552. it's fine on all ranges (calibrated), except for continuity, where it reads incorrectly and erratically. e.g . on a 1.0 ohm resistor, it will read anything from 1.3 to 1.7. it's not anything to do with nulling the leads or the leads themselves. mike, who calibrated it, said it's a definite internal fault.

Tel I spoke to the boffins at ISSWWW re mine and they say its to do with the connections where the test leads plug in.

Its something to do with the plugs not connecting to the test leads properly giving erratic readings!

could be, but we tried a different lead set . might be an internal connection. but would that not affect the other ranges, as they the y are all sdpot on.

hmm, just had a little experiment. got a length of 6mm, measured accurately with a low ohm meter at 0.028. tried the 1552, it read ( after nulling the leads), minus 1.07. some discrepancy there, methinks. time for a gentle invasive operation.

Tel I spoke to the boffins at ISSWWW re mine and they say its to do with the connections where the test leads plug in.

Its something to do with the plugs not connecting to the test leads properly giving erratic readings!
metrel`s can do it n all.....them square plugs they have......my boss`s tester was playing up a bit back....was the plug so he bought himself some new leads.....but i reckon its the plug (on the tester) thats iffy....i dont like them metrel test leads anyway....dont like the way they wrap around themselves......could do with some heatsrink for 2/3ds of their length.......like the old robin SL16s............

hmm, just had a little experiment. got a length of 6mm, measured accurately with a low ohm meter at 0.028. tried the 1552, it read ( after nulling the leads), minus 1.07. some discrepancy there, methinks. time for a gentle invasive operation.

Hi tel: You could also try The Instrument Centre on 01633 853805, if they don't have a Centre or Collection Depot near you they normally pick up from you & return to you.

thats what happened to my 1502 and then it stopped reading voltage and therefore would nt do nything, meggar wanted nearly £400 to fix it

my works 1552 started spewing 400v on screen whenever turned on :( gaffer said not worth sending for epaier as last one sorted was 400ish nice new 1720 for me :)

Reply to megger repair in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net