Discuss Memshield 2 board in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimpleSimon

So, today I'm being put with a job by a manager who I don't think fully knows what he wants me to do.:confused5:.
In March I did a periodic inspection on a distribution panel that failed due to numerous circuits having low IR. This panel was located in a plant room, which also holds an irrigation tank at a sub level.

Now it's come back that he wants the board changed but not because of the failed circuits, he believes its not IP rated enough for the conditions of the plant room. The board is a Memshield 2 metal clad, all blanks are in (as I did it myself.) and all horizontal and vertical IP ratings are correct. I don't feel this needs upgrading, it's IP55 and the room can be prone to cool temperatures. He says it's prone to moisture (which I cant see!!) and flooding, but the board is above waist height and there's never been any record of flooding that high. So I'm saying no to the board change and concentrate more on the faulty circuits as at the moment they're all isolated and a certificate cant be issued until these are rectified!!
Just wanted anyones thought's on this :)

i'd agree with you on this. what's the point of changing a perfectly good board. ask your monkey (sorry, manager) if as he says, it's liable to flood, can he source an IP68 board.

Thing is it won't be liable to flood as there is going to be a new sup pump installed in there as well. I've seen the spec they've given the client saying ' Installation of correct weather proof panels which will require re-wiring and re-cirtifcation.':icon_bs:

Simon you can not go wrong mate if you obey the last order mate, which is this case was to change the board, look at it this way you could be 25mts up changing floodlights, or down a hole changing a sewage pump, if the managers wants a new board then the manager gets a new board .................... and if dosen't clear the low readings then ........what is the next order guv ?

Very true Malcolm. I don't want to sit and have a big arguement but I will put my point across and if he doesn't want to listen, what more can I say!!

Well noone could get hold of the manager in question he's off for personal reasons (real personal reasons feel sorry for the man) so I ended up tidying the steel trunking as there are redundant cables coming out of that so at least there was something for me to do and researching anti-condensation heaters for distribution panels.

Reply to Memshield 2 board in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net