Discuss Men that hug. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi people,
What are you views on hugging friends / general people? We are not talking about partners or loved ones now.
Being half Italian I was brought up kissing cheeks (the face ones, before certain people say anything else) and hugging people, no matter the sex. I still hug all my friends. Most are used to it now. Even when I was doing Ju-Jitsu I used to walk into the dojo and hug nearly everyone, including the sensei's . They didn't mind.

All down to personal preference isn't it. I barely even hug the wife, dog gets more cuddles than her.

It is personal preference mate. I was just wondering about peoples views on it.
Also applies to the female people on this forum. What are you views on guys hugging other guys or anyone for that matter.

Its good to see that romance isn't dead hightower.... :)

It's not that I'm not romantic (but I'm not anyway), just I value my personal space. If you were to hug me on introduction I'd be very uncomfortable.

It always makes me cringe when I see people on tv that do that kissing each cheek thing when meeting. Not because of what they are doing but normally because there is always one of them that doesn't realise they need to do both cheeks and they pull away, leaving the other person leaning in, eyes closed, lips puckered!!lol

Got nothing aggainst you hugging people as its how youve been brought up so thats fine, but as @hightower said id feel very awkward someone invading my space like that, id prefer a good bit of banter than a hugg any day!!!

Got nothing aggainst you hugging people as its how youve been brought up so thats fine, but as @hightower said id feel very awkward someone invading my space like that, id prefer a good bit of banter than a hugg any day!!!

I do banter as well. Usually taking the micky or sarcasm. Probably explains why I don't have many friends.... :(

Good banter @Spoon - I went from post to post laughing. I'll handshake friends. Shoulder bump for fun and as I'm Christian - good old man and woman hugs at church but I do need to be acquainted first and then not everyone. Quite an interesting question really.

You wanted girl input. Don't care if men hug. Makes no difference to me.
But try hug me and I will be awkward, probably flinch a bit. Hate my personal space being invaded. I hug my bestie goodbye when I'm leaving, that's about it.
But my puppy gets hugged and kissed regular

Reply to Men that hug. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net