Discuss Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

I do not know the exact name for the type of locks I have. You have to use a small round metal object (magnetic) and place it on the (receiver???) then the van is supposed to unlock. However it may deign to do so or not according to how it feels that day. So mostly I have to climb through the side door to open the back and the passenger side door is not in the least bit interested in opening as it is jammed not quite locked and definitely not open. Any ideas as what it is and what I could do ?

I'm not familier with this set up , but does it depend on a battery in the fob?

The round thing on the right bottom goes into the item besides it. I don't believe a battery is involved in this. And as bad as it looks it does actually work on that one at least.Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane IMG_3177.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

I just don't have a clue about them or what they are. Can't even google for info as I don't know what they are called.

I will try and find out tomorrow . I have been putting my time in at my mates garage doing a bit on the vehicle electrics while I get my strength back, I will ask the lads tomorrow , they may have come across them.

I do not know the exact name for the type of locks I have. You have to use a small round metal object (magnetic) and place it on the (receiver???) then the van is supposed to unlock.
However it may deign to do so or not according to how it feels that day. So mostly I have to climb through the side door to open the back and the passenger side door is not in the least bit interested in opening as it is jammed not quite locked and definitely not open. Any ideas as what it is and what I could do ?

Vortigern

What you have appears to be a type of secure vehicle lock called Electrolock. I may be wrong but i think its only available from TVG- the vehicle group in the uk??

Electrolock - TVG - for reliable engineered security - https://www.thevehiclegroup.com/vehicle-security/electrolock/

I have had them on a work van before. its a inconvenience at first, but you soon get used to it and it stopped scally wags thieving things if you park up outside somewhere for a few minutes and forget to lock a door.

I never knew the system to go wrong or stop working, also the vans were well maintained and looked after and very new, as soon as the vans hit 30k miles, the firm replaced them, something to do with the lease terms.

I reckon if you contact them they will be able to advise on if you can replace individual locks or obtain new fobs. it might be possible or cheaper to just replace any broken/worn parts than a new complete system. but since you have the holes already i suspect it ain't too hard to self install.

Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane lock.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

View attachment 37136

Oh oh! the phone number gives a message "no longer supported" not a good start. Have emailed them, I await with 'bated breath. So yeah @ruston if your workmates know about this it would be good at least we know what they are. It may be these people only supply to trade anyway (TVG)

Yeh so thanks for the link @ruston I got through and they said we don't support these locks once they are "de-fleeted" in this case from DPD. So...back to square one. Can't even get instructions from them for anything like de-commissioning or removal, repair and so on:(:mad:

Reply to Mercedes Vito panel van button locks driving me insane in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock