Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Metal clips............... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Electric Magic

Electric Magic Electrician's Arms

Anyone know of any clips that'll meet the expanded scope of new regs concerning clipping cables (not just trunking only clips). Have used D-Line ones just wondering if there were other options people had tried (obviously there are other things you can use other than clips, but my question is specifically about clips).

2. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Single Way Cable Clamps & Cleats - Cable Cleats & Cable Ties - https://www.etscablecomponents.com/cable-cleats-cable-ties/single-way-cable-clamps-cleats.html

Have yet to get a clear answer on interspacing normal clips and fire rated clips, what ratio is suitable?

also on older installs you had the metal buckles, still find them on older installs. only pic and link i could find on google is this on that john ward of youtube fames website. quite an interesting site as it happens. wouldnt be surprised if we dont see these buckle style clips come back into fashion as they are quicker to use than metal cable ties. also very cheap and can be nailed or screwed as necessary.
    Metal Buckle Cable Clips - https://www.flameport.com/electric_museum/old_cables_wiring/metal_buckle_clips.cs4

• Like Like x 2
  3. tomspark93

tomspark93 Electrician's Arms

Search for linian, they do fire rated clips. Not cheap though!

• Like Like x 1
  4. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

Hilti do red metal clips for fire alarm FP200 type cables.
    Fix them to the wall etc with a spit gun, take two cables.
    May be able to get them in other colours.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Electric Magic

Electric Magic Electrician's Arms

Just found a supplier: Saren Buckle Cable Clips - Prices - https://www.saren.co.uk/prices.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    I expect if they take off again then the price will come down as the wholesalers will stock them in bulk £18 give or take with the vat per 100... isnt too bad. Factor in postage. Reckon it would be better to get a larger size so you are covered for different cables rather than a pack of each.

7. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

8. SWD

I ripped out a load of those from my coal cellar when doing the house rewire, still have some hiding away somewhere.

9. SWD

• Like Like x 1
  10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    • Like Like x 3
  11. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Must admit I find that all purpose fixing band a proper nasty solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

Nasty but cheap, all those fire rated fixings are extortionate in price. Seeing as it’s a reg the manufacturers must be rubbing their hands together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Like when LEDs and CFCs were in there infant stage, time to capitalize on it.

14. SWD

Out of sight out of mind as long as it does the job its meant to be doing.

15. Andy78

Andy78 Forum Mentor

Used to use some cable friendly all round band years ago. Had a very thick rubbery powder coat on it. All you seem to get now is a thin paint coat.
    Anyone know where to get the good stuff ?

• Useful Useful x 1