Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Metal conduit straps in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jason Philip

Jason Philip Active EF Member

Anyone know if there is a conduit strap available in UK market similar to this one:

One Hole EMT Conduit Strap, Steel, 1/2 in. | Garvin Industries - https://www.garvinindustries.com/hanging-and-support/cable-conduit-surface-mount/emt-one-hole-straps/ohs-50

I'm thinking for 20/25mm pvc conduit, I would prefer to use these type of strap because you can put the strap on the pipe, hold it all up with a level on it and screw it straight in, seems faster than using saddles. Also conforms to the requirement of a fireproof strap? Vs a plastic one.

question 2, pvc is conduit sized by O.D. not I.D. right?[​IMG]

2. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

Electrical stuff is sized outer diameter, plumbing stuff is internal diameter. I can’t see your issue here because saddles only need one screw to fix them anyway.

If your taking about the strap just take one screw off and slacken the other so it snaps in. They also sell snap saddles which work on compression.

3. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
  4. Jason Philip

1 screws to fix the saddle to the wall, then 2 screws to mount the pipe to the saddle, a 1-hole strap cuts out that second step. you just put the strap on the pipe, hold it up with a level and screw it in, 1 foul swoop, no measuring and marking holes. I would say it's easily twice as fast as using saddles, and if you have a lot of conduit to run that can be a real timesaver, the downside being that you have to put a little offset to go from the wall to the box knock-out.

5. Jason Philip

6. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Wall or ceiling in years gone by I used to use the hammer in type, Hilti now supply these.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.44.31.jpg