Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Meter Sealing Crimp Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 0003djc

0003djc EF Member

Hiya, looking for a set of meter crimps, no malicious intent. They are to be used specifically for re-sealing after a fuse pull so the DNO keep calm ;)

If anyone has a set that they could offer me to sell, I'd be very grateful as the eBay tools are just not the true ratcheting type the DNO use, these are what I'm looking for! :)

I've attached an image for reference.
    [​IMG]

2. 0003djc

0003djc EF Member

PS - For use with both the steel tubular and flag types if possible :0

3. Marvo

Marvo Admin and gender confused Staff Member

Isn't that a standard indent crimper or does it leave security lettering on the crimp?

4. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Yes they do, at least mine does.

5. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

...Or you could use what the "trickier" fellows did,on lead tags,which is two coins and a pair of vise-grips,with the date on one coin,turned to face the tag...;)

In truth,unless you are authorised to do so,you would only be re-sealing,to provide a degree of security and evidence of removal,so any crimping device would suffice.

I don't reckon any court in the land,would admonish a professional,for re-sealing due to the above reasons.
    They may take a different view,if that individual had attempted to obtain equipment,which replicated the identical procedure,carried out by the DNO or their authorised agents.

We all have heard the Northwest Electric lads,says "no problem for us,if you re-seal..." and pass a handful of tags...

Like the copper who tells you there is nowt we can do about the fella up the road,who burgled your shed,and what he needs is a "good hiding" ... when it comes on top,you're on your own :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

If your DNO authorises you to pull their main fuse, have you checked their policy on resealing? My DNO supplies temporary sticky labels or seals (no pinniped jokes please :)), to apply to fuse etc, with seal number etc.

7. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Haven't heard that word for a long time!
    (pinniped, obvo)

8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i had to look it up. can i have a fish now?

9. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I’m with PEG on this one. Re-seal for the safety side of the install. I bought some off eBay so that I could re-seal. I’m not trying to make it look like anything, I just want to seal it. Cost me £20 all told with 20 seals and the crimper. I’m glad I have it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Im with @Rpa07@Rpa07 I have a set i bought of eBay, does the job to seal up afterwards. Western Power dont like us pulling fuses around this way, much like other DNO's, on the otherhand if you ring to get them to pull a fuse they mumble and then quote a fee of around £75 last time i checked and give you a date thats often 10 to 14 days ahead! it's also good practice to seal the fuse in when you leave, even if you haven't pulled it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Midwest

Of course there's the Otariidae, the Phocidae and the Odobenidae.
    They have nothing to do wid' your lot breaking the law, and then trying to cover up your tracks, by pretending you never cut the Pinniped, I mean seal in the first place. :rolleyes:

12. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
  13. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i tried putting that into google translate and it came up with

愚蠢的垃圾。翻譯成中文,並命令一個年輕的雞蛋

14. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    I think that is a typo... you missed the university name bit... you have exposed yourself s the forum spam master now...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Midwest

I dunno what google you use, possible a Trump/ Putin/Xi Jinping version?