Discuss Meter tail upgrade what the hell in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That’s bad....cables not colour harmonised...I would have repositioned the meter to the left over the cut out and fitted the isolator to the right to save crossing the cables and then re-sealed everything.
Cut out looks like an early series 5 so probably 80A maximum load rating.

I've never called the MOP/DNO to come and pull a fuse, upgrade tails or upgrade main earthing conductor. I haven't got time for that.....If it needs doing, it just gets done as part of the job by me.
Lee, I know I'm sounding a bit of a dxxk but do you really think you should say that so casually. People listen to you on this site as you are experienced and knowledgeable.

"With knowledge comes great responsibility", man I'm cringing as I write this post, but also giggling!

I know you've specifically added 'by me', but some youngsters will ignore that bit just thinking it's fine to casually pull it.

Of course we pull the cutout at times as we simply have to but we still take some precautions.

1. Switch off all MCB's before pulling.
2. Put on electricians gloves.
3. Don't pull certain cutouts that could explode (cant remember the name of the substance, bakerlite, iron?).
4. Expect there are other precautions as well.

Lee, I know I'm sounding a bit of a dxxk but do you really think you should say that so casually. People listen to you on this site as you are experienced and knowledgeable.

"With knowledge comes great responsibility", man I'm cringing as I write this post, but also giggling!

I know you've specifically added 'by me', but some youngsters will ignore that bit just thinking it's fine to casually pull it.

Of course we pull the cutout at times as we simply have to but we still take some precautions.

1. Switch off all MCB's before pulling.
2. Put on electricians gloves.
3. Don't pull certain cutouts that could explode (cant remember the name of the substance, bakerlite, iron?).
4. Expect there are other precautions as well.
Are you phissed?

Are you phissed?
Similar... I've done my back in so am on codeine, plus drinking strong coffee so feel a bit Euphoric and righteous until they wear off in an hour or 2, then I'll just feel moody!

Reply to Meter tail upgrade what the hell in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock