Discuss MFT Faulty in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have recently bought a second hand Kewtech KT64 and it appears to have a fault. It does Continuity, Insulation Resistance and Voltage ok. But when I try to do Loop, Pefc/Pscc and Rcd the scene highlights a wiring fault (L-N). Test leads are ok. Does anyone know:- 1, What the fault might be. 2, How much approx the repair might cost. 3, Who would you use for said repair and calibration. Ta Steve.

the calibration centre in stafford do repairs.

Have you had any difficulty nulling the leads (eg. multiple attempts before you can achieve a stable zero) or imprecise selection of the ranges with the rotary switch?

Leads null ok. I don't have access to a second tester, at least not one that complies. I'll do as Murdoch suggests and use another house, and if it works then, as Cobrauk pointed out, i've got a wiring problem. And Telectrix it looks like The Calibration Centre aren't a flat rate for repair, they just for the part + labour. Should turn out cheaper.

Hi I have a kt64 , had no problems until I got it calibrated then started to get alternating continuity readings and uplift on loop tests through the rcd. Spoke to Alan at kewtech who advised me that as I have the old type kt64 (ie early one) the point where you plug leads in is not as flexible as the new ones as they have different part and they can start to break down giving faulty readings . Hope this helps

Reply to MFT Faulty in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My main tester is a Megger MFT1711, which I bought second hand but came with a calibration certificate. Rather than annual calibration, I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi all i just sent my fluke tester off for calibration, and came back as a fault so needs sending off for fixing, now sods law i have my NICEIC...
Replies
Views
Team - I'm after some help on a fault find that I was at this week and to work out if there's something obvious that I've forgotten, overlooked...
Replies
Views
G
I'm trying to get my head around inspection and testing. When I'm struggling, i often find writing it down helps me to learn it - please could you...
Replies
Views
L
For sale: MFT comes with additional leads & clips check below, they are brandnew leads, crocs & probes, Both sets of leads are over £100..New...
Replies
Views
linetech
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock