Discuss MICC replacement help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spunkywads26

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
I've been given a job to rewire an upstairs flat and change the CU. I had a quick look around and everything is pretty straight forward except for the CU.

The existing CU is located in the small entry hall way at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the flat. It is mounted at high level opposite the front door. The meter is located in an external cupboard next to the front door. 16mm tails come from the meter into a henley block with MICC from the henley block to the CU.

I'm struggling to think of a solution to replace the MICC. Help. Please. Pretty Please.

Flat.jpg

I've been given a job to rewire an upstairs flat and change the CU. I had a quick look around and everything is pretty straight forward except for the CU.

The existing CU is located in the small entry hall way at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the flat. It is mounted at high level opposite the front door. The meter is located in an external cupboard next to the front door. 16mm tails come from the meter into a henley block with MICC from the henley block to the CU.

I'm struggling to think of a solution to replace the MICC. Help. Please. Pretty Please.[/QUOTE ]
a pic would be nice of the services and cu.

Sorry the tails come from meter to the top of a metal ad box, then MICC comes from the bottom of the box and I assume it then goes underfloor as the MICC enters the CU from below.

My customer wants it replaced (Sub contract job).

The op is changing the cu, so it will be straight forward, metal clad cu, existing MICC bushed up from the bottom, can't see a problem with that Westie.
I suspect the client does not like the aesthetics of the surface cable assuming that is how it is fitted.

Reply to MICC replacement help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net