Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Micc stripping/potting tools wanted in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

Does anyone have a set of micc tools they no longer require (or want to use) they would like to sell. Been years since I did any micc and have a job coming up with a load of micc installed!?

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

yes thanks .

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. rolyberkin

Don’t think you read my post then?
    No replies required if you have some you don’t want to sell!

• Like Like x 1
  4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

just been on flee bay for you can get a set from them .:rolleyes:

5. rolyberkin

Yes just seen a basic set on there for £50 or offers, not a bad price. They are the kind of thing someone on here may have lying around and want to sell, especially if anyone has straighteners, a few fittings etc.

6. buzzlightyear

when I retire my set will go in the ground with me ,next to me power tools and screwdrivers cables ,etc. etc. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I got me stripping tool, which I made as an apprentice. I'll route it out, probably worth hundreds as an antique :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

dumb ,mmm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Check @SWD@SWD - He was showing off some bits and pieces and needs all the money he can for his Grand Design!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I will never use them but I will keep them for nostalgic reasons and I was awesome at Pyro the go to person on site when I was 19 - 24.

Found this today which I want to get rid off as to be honest never used them as I made my own strip'ing tool. not sure what they are worth seen them on eBay for £50 each but I think the seller is having a giraffe.

IMG_3039.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dillb

Dillb Electrician's Arms

I still have mine too.

0A492148-8C52-44CC-AA1F-E276E5889E58.jpeg

OP, I may have another potting tool if your still interested? I’m keeping one set for myself just incase though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dillb

Dillb Electrician's Arms

Yes I know the bush spanner isnt used for MIMS.

13. SWD

Used for brass bushes for conduit connections to a switch, socket or joint box, I was a heathen and used a pair of 5 Holes, thats 5 Holes for the visually impaired........

14. SWD

I have the crimper, ringing and potting tool as well as my home made strip'ing tool, those strippers where a pain when doing 7ft tails.

15. Dillb

Dillb Electrician's Arms

I dont actually use the joist stripper as its a pain unless the cable is perfectly formed.