Discuss Micc stripping/potting tools wanted in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of micc tools they no longer require (or want to use) they would like to sell. Been years since I did any micc and have a job coming up with a load of micc installed!?

Yes just seen a basic set on there for £50 or offers, not a bad price. They are the kind of thing someone on here may have lying around and want to sell, especially if anyone has straighteners, a few fittings etc.

Check @SWD - He was showing off some bits and pieces and needs all the money he can for his Grand Design!

Check @SWD - He was showing off some bits and pieces and needs all the money he can for his Grand Design!
I will never use them but I will keep them for nostalgic reasons and I was awesome at Pyro the go to person on site when I was 19 - 24.

Found this today which I want to get rid off as to be honest never used them as I made my own strip'ing tool. not sure what they are worth seen them on eBay for £50 each but I think the seller is having a giraffe.

Micc stripping/potting tools wanted IMG_3039 - EletriciansForums.net

I will never use them but I will keep them for nostalgic reasons and I was awesome at Pyro the go to person on site when I was 19 - 24.

Found this today which I want to get rid off as to be honest never used them as I made my own strip'ing tool. not sure what they are worth seen them on eBay for £50 each but I think the seller is having a giraffe.

View attachment 43712
I still have mine too.

Micc stripping/potting tools wanted 0A492148-8C52-44CC-AA1F-E276E5889E58 - EletriciansForums.net

OP, I may have another potting tool if your still interested? I’m keeping one set for myself just incase though

I have the crimper, ringing and potting tool as well as my home made strip'ing tool, those strippers where a pain when doing 7ft tails.
I dont actually use the joist stripper as its a pain unless the cable is perfectly formed.

I got me stripping tool, which I made as an apprentice. I'll route it out, probably worth hundreds as an antique :)

Would that be an 8mm steel rod, about 18” long with one end bent to make a handle and a slot cut into the other, into which the MI outer sheath was put?
Mmm pyro, i miss the dust getting everywhere and the occasional shorted out pot :mad:

I got me stripping tool, which I made as an apprentice. I'll route it out, probably worth hundreds as an antique :)

Would that be an 8mm steel rod, about 18” long with one end bent to make a handle and a slot cut into the other, into which the MI outer sheath was put?
Mmm pyro, i miss the dust getting everywhere and the occasional shorted out pot :mad:

Never had a shorted out pot myself.......

You mean something like this,

Micc stripping/potting tools wanted Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 11.45.48 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Micc stripping/potting tools wanted in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock