Discuss Micc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Helped a couple of youngsters out the other day,a real overspec of installing pyros to light fittings in trunking in late 70's,kinda mad,one of the ends came off,youngsters had new pyro glands,but the orig are imperial,so struggled with fitting them.
Old timer soon sorted that,used orig pot & resealed,they looked at me & said nothing,big one up for me ha ha .

Last edited:
I've got to make one off tommorrow not done one since collage it's all been FP only got metric glands if its imp. any tips it's 2.5 2 core

I've got to make one off tommorrow not done one since collage it's all been FP only got metric glands if its imp. any tips it's 2.5 2 core
Try and use the original pot and a new gland, is the MICC LG or HG? As said before if you want help Pete999 is willing

You said "if its imperial and you only have metric glands any tips? Its 2.5 2 core" If you look at the chart posted above a 2L2.5 pot will fit on an imperial cable that used imperial 264 pots without any need to emery the sheath, drill the pot or solder the pot into position. In other words the pot fits without having to carry out any additional work.

It's at a hospital where the aspestoes guys had to cut the cable to get rid of aspestoes board so no existing think it is L.G.

You said "if its imperial and you only have metric glands any tips? Its 2.5 2 core" If you look at the chart posted above a 2L2.5 pot will fit on an imperial cable that used imperial 264 pots without any need to emery the sheath, drill the pot or solder the pot into position. In other words the pot fits without having to carry out any additional work.
Thank you very much for that Lee

Never actually soldered a pot to pyro,been lucky I guess,either used orig or metric pots.
Anyone remember the wedge type pot...complete nightmare to fit,it didn't last long.

Never actually soldered a pot to pyro,been lucky I guess,either used orig or metric pots.
Anyone remember the wedge type pot...complete nightmare to fit,it didn't last long.

never smoked it, so no opinion in this.

Ant it's only a bit of fun we all have our faults nobody meant anything honest.

Reply to Micc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock