Discuss Mid-Position, Fully Pumped update in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
Mid-Position, Fully Pumped update

Firstly I would like to say thank you to mhar and tlangdon12 for their advice on my previous post, on what they said about building regulations, which I have taken on board. I do understand about building regs as I ran a sub-contract carpentry company for 48 years, building regs are there for a reason.

So I have decided to move the room stat to another part of the hallway. I have bought a Honeywell T6360 room thermostat to replace the old one. The Siemens RWB29 programmer does all that is required for on/off timer times for CH and HW.

Although I completely installed our central heating and wired all the electrical side many years ago, it was carried out after asking onsite plumbers and electricians their advice to make sure it was all carried out correctly.

So now I come to to the reason for this post, can anybody please advise me on the following?

The old room stat had two wires and wired as shown on the RWB29 wiring diagram, the Honeywell T6360 has three. What wire goes to what terminals 1-4 and what core and size gable, would 1.5 be OK?

I am retired and all the onsite trades I new have moved or died, your help would be much appreciated and please make it as simple for me as possible, as I wish to get it right.

Regards,

Mickyboy.

2.jpg

Attachments

• rwb29_d(1).pdf
    751.3 KB · Views: 8
This forum has a resources section, in which you might find a Y plan wiring diagram. If not goggle Y-plan wiring diagram (think your saying you have a Y plan). If you get the same links as me, third from the left. Shows all the connections, including your particular room stat.

Thank you to all that gave advice on my issue, much appreciated.

Mickyboy.
So what have you decided to do regarding not having a neutral at the room stat? You can get voltage free contact stats which are powered by a battery (not the timed ones as you already have that by the programmer).

Reply to Mid-Position, Fully Pumped update in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net