Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss millwauke angle drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. loplug

loplug Electrician's Arms

any one have any experience of these I have the 18v combi drill impact and sds which I am impressed with the sds so much so I have retierd my bosch 36v. thinking of adding an angle drill for drilling out first fixes.

2. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    The holehog or an actual angle drill?

3. loplug

Probably the hole hog unless the angle drill is up to the job

4. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    I wouldn’t have thought so. The hole hog looks the dawgs lol

If I had enough use I’d grab the de walt flex volt equivalent probably. Cos I’ve got batteries for it already.

5. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Most angle drills will cope up to 20mm quite efficiently. The hole hawgs are different beasts altogether though, depends what you need them for. There are 2 versions of the hawg, both a lot bulkier than an angle drill, but hugely smaller than the dewalt version. That looks like it needs to be bench mounted.
    I could only justify one if I used it daily to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pepe

Pepe Trainee Access

I purchased the hole hawg. It is great, but only as good as the bits you use. Try the bosch self feed spade bits. They make light work of drilling joists.
    Also found that the hole hawg doesn't use as much battery as a combi drill does drilling joists.
    Powertoolsgb.co.uk currently selling it for 218 quid inc vat. I paid 250 for it so that's not bad deal.
    Would definitely recommend it.

7. loplug

well I have a 110v Makita one that does the job but one less corded tool and the fact that I am a tool whore are big factors

8. loplug

I have been using the bosch self feed bits agree that the make light work of it

9. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

I have the hawg, its amazing! Dont know how i 1st fixed without it, i use milwaukee nail proof bits, not cheap bits but fly through joists!

• Like Like x 1