Discuss Mini Cooper S ECU Issue (I bet know one can help) in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don't know if it's fixed yet or not, I didn't have time to read through all the posts. I had a similar issue with my F30 335i, I know two different cars. In short, check the little computer on the negative battery post cable, also even though your Alternator, Water pump, power steering read correctly they may still be faulty. Don't know if you have taken it to a shop while this is happening but that's the best time time, it's hard to find an issue that's not there all the time. FYI when you take it in while the issue is present, don't shut the car off just leave it running while you run in and talk with them, it may be a good idea to talk to a shop ahead of time and make a plan with them to stop by while the issue is happening.

had similar problems with a Nissan Primastar ( Renault Trafic in disguise). main dealer had it 8 weeks supposedly fixed. left main dealers and got 200 yards before it broke down again. took it to an independent garage who got it going. next stop was car auctions. cut losses but could then sleep at night.

Don't know if it's fixed yet or not, I didn't have time to read through all the posts. I had a similar issue with my F30 335i, I know two different cars. In short, check the little computer on the negative battery post cable, also even though your Alternator, Water pump, power steering read correctly they may still be faulty. Don't know if you have taken it to a shop while this is happening but that's the best time time, it's hard to find an issue that's not there all the time. FYI when you take it in while the issue is present, don't shut the car off just leave it running while you run in and talk with them, it may be a good idea to talk to a shop ahead of time and make a plan with them to stop by while the issue is happening.

I'm sure he got something sorted in the intervening 2 years!

Reply to Mini Cooper S ECU Issue (I bet know one can help) in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net