Discuss Mini Trunking tips and help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I use ratchet cutters on the small stuff and a chop saw on the larger stuff, you get a very neat cut, however it is a bit dangerous as it sometimes shatters and explodes if the trunkings cold, always wear goggles!

I always use clip on pre fab bends now a days, quicker and i have the nack of it. If its tight to a wall and ceiling you can always doctor them out of sight to fit.

I always use cut external bends as end caps as previously mentioned.

SWD, you can buy pre fabricated bends for that stuff aswell haha. I love doing cuts with metal though, its a very satisfying job stepping back and looking at galvanised artwork.

I always use clip on pre fab bends now a days, quicker and i have the nack of it. If its tight to a wall and ceiling you can always doctor them out of sight to fit.

I always use cut external bends as end caps as previously mentioned.

SWD, you can buy pre fabricated bends for that stuff aswell haha. I love doing cuts with metal though, its a very satisfying job stepping back and looking at galvanised artwork.

As you know sometimes a prefabricated bend won't get you around those awkward pipes or places.

I use my swiss tin snips as others have said take the lid off first , cut each side then the back , nice and quick and no mess , then use the bends , I also use external bends as end caps and a bit of white silcon to finshing thing off , you can also use through cupler where the trunking meets an accessory , but as SWD says try doing some real trunking 12 x 4 x 3 compartment ,I have spent the best part of a day making a double set with that stuff

I've never thought of using external bends as end caps, can't even imagine how it looks. Anyone got a pic of how it looks once fitted? Cheers

I've never thought of using external bends as end caps, can't even imagine how it looks. Anyone got a pic of how it looks once fitted? Cheers
You have to saw part of it off, but it matches the flat angles, more robust than the little end caps that fit in/on the end of the trunking.

Reply to Mini Trunking tips and help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net