Discuss Minor or notifiable works question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spark86

Hey guys,

Im a bit confused with this, a kitchen isn't classed as a special location, yet I've seen it excluded when issuing minor works certificates. I have the opportunity to do some work in a few weeks for a company that fits kitchens, the vast majority would be additional sockets, new spotlights, extending circuits ect that I thought would require only a minor works cert, but im not 100% on this, Id like to issue minor works if I can help it but I'm not 100%, any ideas?

altering circuits, a MWC for each circuit modified. if you install a new circuit/s then a EIC is required.

Refer to Definitions in the BYB page 31, " Minor works. Additions and alterations to an installation that do not extend to the provision of a new circuit" Appendix 6 631.3 to 5 ask the Mods for access to the Trainee Forum if you haven't already done so.

altering circuits, a MWC for each circuit modified. if you install a new circuit/s then a EIC is required.
Thanks for the reply mate, im aware of the the type of work that requires an EIC, it's just the location Thats throwing me, I've seen it stated on gov.portal and a few sites that any extending circuits, moving circuits ect in anywhere NOT IN A SPECIAL LOCATION OR KITCHEN. So for example, if I were to go into a lounge and add a few extra sockets and alter their lighting to install spotlights it would require a minor works certificate, if I did the same in a kitchen is a MWC still sufficient?

It seems obvious to me that a minor works would suffice unless I was installing a new circuit, but I'm doubting myself.

Thanks for the reply mate, im aware of the the type of work that requires an EIC, it's just the location Thats throwing me, I've seen it stated on gov.portal and a few sites that any extending circuits, moving circuits ect in anywhere NOT IN A SPECIAL LOCATION OR KITCHEN. So for example, if I were to go into a lounge and add a few extra sockets and alter their lighting to install spotlights it would require a minor works certificate, if I did the same in a kitchen is a MWC still sufficient?

It seems obvious to me that a minor works would suffice unless I was installing a new circuit, but I'm doubting myself.

Electrical work undertaken in kitchens (such as adding a new socket) is not notifiable unless a new circuit is required. The reduction in the range of electrical installation work that is notifiable took affect from the 6th April 2013, since this date additions and alterations to an installation in a kitchen that do not extend to the provision of a new circuit are no longer notifiable.

If you were doing electrical changes in a bathroom, you would issue a MWC and notify it. Simples

Electrical work undertaken in kitchens (such as adding a new socket) is not notifiable unless a new circuit is required. The reduction in the range of electrical installation work that is notifiable took affect from the 6th April 2013, since this date additions and alterations to an installation in a kitchen that do not extend to the provision of a new circuit are no longer notifiable.
Thanks a lot buddy, thank you all for replying.

Reply to Minor or notifiable works question. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock