Discuss Minor works and bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mstoker1990

Off to a job tommorow , an insurance job fire and smoke damage to one room. Been asked to go and assess whether cables are damaged and remove existing fitting. When ceiling is re boarded and plastered I've got to go back re fit fitting and issue a minor works. If the bonding isn't up to scratch and there is no rcd protection do I have to add these before a certificate can be issued??

So what Am i supposed to do if I go and its an old Wylex Board with rewireables and all the bonding and main earth is in 4mm?

Refuse to do the work? or put it all down as advisory?

Well having no rcd's is only an issue if your installing a new circuit or sockets or fittings in a bathroom , your not doing these things so no problem.
As for bonding / earthing , if its not up to scratch then record what you find in the report to the insurers.
I wouldnt let either of those 2 issues stop you from replacing a bedroom light.

absolutely agree. but make sure if you are doing a MWC that you list earthing/bonding defects, and get a signature on your copy

Reply to Minor works and bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
I've come to a decision, I just cant do work anymore that involves mad stuff, for example today - 2 bed flat that's had fire damage, someone has...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock