Discuss Minor Works Cert help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I didn't want to use the NICEIC online form as it states its a 'domestic certificate' at the top of the cert.
If it was my practise, I'd want it to say commercial or something to that effect.

Thanks for all the help though guys, will just fill in a model form now I know its acceptable.
Are you using the purple certificates by the NICEIC that they get the D.I.'s to use?

all test certs are based on the current wiring regs and adapted to them self's like the NIC ,NAPIT ECA .so where you find a commercial MWCERTS .
you will hard to find or you adept the test certs your self .

You do not have to be an NICEIC Approved contractor to do commercial work, the OP probably belongs to the D.I. scheme only for the notification for building control.

Wasn't saying that, just asked why he wasn't using their on-line certs? Perhaps OP needs to verify his insurance scope wise, if he's just domestic scheme. I was with Elecsa, who didn't distinguish between the two.

If I not wrong here I think the OP is a D.I. and can use the purple certificates but they have the word "Domestic" on them and the OP does not want to send one with that to a commercial customer.

Providing your certificate contains the same information as is contained in the model forms in BS 7671, then you can create your own. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fill in and print for minor works.

You might also want to check with your insurer that your covered for work in commercial properties.
I can see everything wrong with him fraudulently using the NICEIC logo and forms which is what using them outside of scope would be doing. Presumably non-domestic forms aren't even made available to DIS registrants.

Providing your certificate contains the same information as is contained in the model forms in BS 7671, then you can create your own. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fill in and print for minor works.

You might also want to check with your insurer that your covered for work in commercial properties.
I can see everything wrong with him fraudulently using the NICEIC logo and forms which is what using them outside of scope would be doing. Presumably non-domestic forms aren't even made available to DIS registrants.
If I not wrong here I think the OP is a D.I. and can use the purple certificates but they have the word "Domestic" on them and the OP does not want to send one with that to a commercial customer.
He's not entitled to use it outside of scope.

Reply to Minor Works Cert help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net