Discuss minor works cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

crow11

-
Reaction score
just getting ready to go self employed, going to start advertising in the new year never had much involvement with cert's the full eic i have no problem with, looking at the minor works cert obviously its only for additions to a existing circuit and alterations but not for a new circuit so say you was to put a new circuit in for an extension or shower etc, you have to to provide a eic so would you have to provide all the other details for every circuit in the property or would you just do a eic with just the circuit details on for what you have done and dont list the other circuits on it cheers

Last edited:
You only put on an EIC the circuit(s) you have added.

When I add a circuit to an existing board i use "used" in the description field against the MCB's/RCBO's already in use and "spare" against any spare slots. and obviously "description of circuit" against the one(s) I've added. This way if I ever go back I can tell if anyone else has been meddling.

Takes seconds on the computer and is good practice, along with labelling the new circuits.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds a good way of doing the cert Murdoch. I tend to identify the circuits and write them into the eic with the number of points where possible to identify. I then put LIM against the test result boxes and note this on the extent of works box on the front page.
May change stance now having read your post mate.

I use Easycert software on my phone , it has drop down boxes so use this and put circuit not tested/spare - really easy and doesn't take more than a few seconds per circuit , obviously you have pay for the software but saves loads of time on site and form filling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free to download the App but you will have to buy a licence to activate it , think it was about £175 but it will save you so much time filling out Certs , you email directly to clients straight off your phone.

That sounds a good way of doing the cert Murdoch. I tend to identify the circuits and write them into the eic with the number of points where possible to identify. I then put LIM against the test result boxes and note this on the extent of works box on the front page.
May change stance now having read your post mate.
There is no provision for LIM unless an EICR. Usually identify the circuits and put 'existing'.
On large industrial DB's, just tend to list the circuit in question.

Reply to minor works cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net