Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss minor works cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. crow11

crow11 Regular EF Member

just getting ready to go self employed, going to start advertising in the new year never had much involvement with cert's the full eic i have no problem with, looking at the minor works cert obviously its only for additions to a existing circuit and alterations but not for a new circuit so say you was to put a new circuit in for an extension or shower etc, you have to to provide a eic so would you have to provide all the other details for every circuit in the property or would you just do a eic with just the circuit details on for what you have done and dont list the other circuits on it cheers

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Robert Turnbull

Robert Turnbull Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Chelmsford City Electrical & Data Services Ltd
    An eicr is a condition report.
    You need to do a installation cert for a new circuit

3. crow11

crow11 Regular EF Member

edited post i meant the eic lol not an eicr

4. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

You only put on an EIC the circuit(s) you have added.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crow11

crow11 Regular EF Member

cheers for that, you know i have been on the forums for a while and have only just noticed the thank you button lol,

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

When I add a circuit to an existing board i use "used" in the description field against the MCB's/RCBO's already in use and "spare" against any spare slots. and obviously "description of circuit" against the one(s) I've added. This way if I ever go back I can tell if anyone else has been meddling.

Takes seconds on the computer and is good practice, along with labelling the new circuits.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rattlehead85

rattlehead85 Electrician's Arms

That sounds a good way of doing the cert Murdoch. I tend to identify the circuits and write them into the eic with the number of points where possible to identify. I then put LIM against the test result boxes and note this on the extent of works box on the front page.
    May change stance now having read your post mate.

8. lee foster

lee foster Regular EF Member

I use Easycert software on my phone , it has drop down boxes so use this and put circuit not tested/spare - really easy and doesn't take more than a few seconds per circuit , obviously you have pay for the software but saves loads of time on site and form filling.

9. Robert Turnbull

Robert Turnbull Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Chelmsford City Electrical & Data Services Ltd
    Easy cert is free in the iTunes Store. Just checking it out now

10. lee foster

lee foster Regular EF Member

Free to download the App but you will have to buy a licence to activate it , think it was about £175 but it will save you so much time filling out Certs , you email directly to clients straight off your phone.

11. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

There is no provision for LIM unless an EICR. Usually identify the circuits and put 'existing'.
    On large industrial DB's, just tend to list the circuit in question.