Discuss `minor worls or ele cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pinball25

hi all im just doing my portfile for my nvq and im a little unsure on something
if i was to change an mcb for a cooker ciruit like for like what cert needs to be issues with it

thanks chris

personally minor works

just remember this simple rule:
1 circuit = minor works
1+ circuits = EIC

Saying that you can do a EIC if you want but your making more work for yourself

if the assessor knocks you back for doing a minor tell them take a run and jump.

also if they do ask them why when 7671 says that is the correct cert!

personally minor works

1 circuit = minor works
1+ circuits = EIC

1 new circuit is still EIC. Same as adding to 3 existing circuits would be 3 minor works, or use the MW cert that accommodates 3 circuits

personally minor works

1 circuit = minor works
1+ circuits = EIC

Completely incorrect im afraid.
Any new circuit requires an EIC.
And changing the CPD also requires EIC.
Any other alterations / additions to an existing circuit then MWC.

Hence 1+ (good point)

Just making work for yourself

Post this cert up - as I have not seen this one before - I have the EIC and Minor Works

Pm me you email mate and I will send you a copy when I get in the office on Monday, I forget where I got ours from however I have seen elecsa ones before so assume elecsa also do the same 3 on 1 cert.

Napit also have, and the NIC are working on a 1 page EIC for a single circuit

Completely incorrect im afraid.
Any new circuit requires an EIC.
And changing the CPD also requires EIC.
Any other alterations / additions to an existing circuit then MWC.

Changing the OCPD can be on a MWC or so I believed and so our NIC man said. All tests required to prove the effectiveness of the new OCPD are carried out and recorded on a MWC so IMO a EIC is unnecessary

Changing the OCPD can be on a MWC or so I believed and so our NIC man said. All tests required to prove the effectiveness of the new OCPD are carried out and recorded on a MWC so IMO a EIC is unnecessary

Depends on the device RISE , if changing from mcb to rcbo then MWC ok
Anything else ie rewirable 3036 to bs88 fuse or type c mcb then EIC

I cant see the point behind a EIC for say changing from 3036 to 60898 or from a B to a C... What does an EIC ask for that a MWC doesn't that it relivent to this change?

any new circuit =eic
alteration of a cicrcuit= minor works
numerous alterations of circuits = eic noting all minor works in the box,unless you want to do minor works cert for each circuit altered.

.. What does an EIC ask for that a MWC doesn't that it relivent to this change?

For someone to sign for and take responsibility for any design elements arising from changing the device that could alter the characteristics of the entire circuit.
( Just thinking out loud here )

Reply to `minor worls or ele cert in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net