Discuss Missing Certs Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave.s

Looking for some advice.
I did a C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 plus 17th ed with OLCI (yeah I know...) about 3 yrs ago, about a year or so before they went out of business.
I was recently offered a job with a building maintenance company but when I showed them my certs they said one is missing, the level 3 cert. I have the 17th ed cert and the 2 credit certs issued before it.
My present and previous employer where happy with what I showed them so didn't think anything was wrong.
I was, obviously, unaware of this missing doc and am now trying to find a way of obtaining it.
I've been on to C&G but they say they can't issue it, that I have to take the level 3 again and as OLCI don't exist any more I'm not sure where to go next.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Looks like 2330 has been replaced by 2365. However, would have thought G&G could have assisted with a record of your original pass.

Thanks Alan.
Yeah, you would have thought so but C&G say they have no record of my pass being registered by OLCI, but as I understand it, you can't sit 17th ed without completing the level 3 so it should be obvious to them. I know that OLCI were a bit rubbish but this looks like a clerical error on their behalf, which I was hoping C&G would see.
I'm not sure if C&G are just trying to fob me off in the hope I'll give up because they've stopped answering my emails or requests for clarification.
Do you know if the results would have been registered with anyone else eg: IET, NICEIC?
I moved house recently so am still trying to find all correspondence from OLCI to see if I received any official notification of a pass, but like I say, no level 3 no 17th ed.
Cheers.

Can't see that C&G would pass records of exams on to anyone else. As far as I'm aware the 17thED 2382 is a stand alone. Let's hope you find your paperwork. If it was me my Mrs would more than likely have thrown it away like she did my signed poster of the Thrust SSC prior to it breaking the world land speed record!

If it was me my Mrs would more than likely have thrown it away like she did my signed poster of the Thrust SSC prior to it breaking the world land speed record!
That's the best euphemism I've ever read @FatAlan.
Good advice as well, hope your training is going well.

Not sure that I've been any help but hopefully you'll understand the psychological effect my wife's actions have had on me some 25 odd years later! Nothing like swerving off topic. Sorry Dave :oops:

Reply to Missing Certs Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net