Discuss Missing cpc in domestic lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

codger

-
Reaction score
Morning. A friend and I have been carrying out some EICRs on properties in our area. Recently, my mate has come across two houses in which the lighting circuits do not have any earthing at all. They have been run in twin and earth but the earths have all been snipped off at lighting points, switches, jointboxes etc. The colours of the cable are black and red (give you an idea of the age of the installation). The ceiling, floors and walls are all concrete and it looks like the twin and earths have been dropped down conduit drops to the switches.

As far as the EICR goes what would you put this down as...? We're thinking C2. Someone else suggested that it goes down as a C3 as long as it's stipulated that only plastic fittings should be used.

Cheers

The cpcs should be terminated but the Coding would depend upon if any back boxes, accessories or fittings need the connection of a cpc for fault protection. Are they metal back boxes and if so do they incorporate nylon fixing lugs because they don't need earthing. If they have cut them out sounds like a rough job.

The cpcs should be terminated but the Coding would depend upon if any back boxes, accessories or fittings need the connection of a cpc for fault protection. Are they metal back boxes and if so do they incorporate nylon fixing lugs because they don't need earthing. If they have cut them out sounds like a rough job.

They are metal boxes....no plastic inserts though. I know the ones you mean. We've peered up at a switch and spotted that it looks like the old conduit system....the ones where the switch back boxes had a wee spigot that pushed onto the end of the conduit drop.

Reply to Missing cpc in domestic lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net