Discuss MK LN5880 Rcd in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mort2376

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the BS number is for this device ? I have looked at it and it does not appear to be printed on the device, and I cant seem to find anything about it on the web ?

Its working fine, but just need it for an installation report.

Thanks

Neil

According to my MK catalogue LN5880 is a double pole, 2 module, 230V, 80A, Industrial 10kA RCD, with a nominal trip current of 300mA (three hundred mA). Get the magnifier out mate and check you have the correct list number as it could easily be confused with the more common LN7880 which is a double pole, 2 module, 230V, 80A, Residential 6kA RCD, with a nominal trip current of 30mA (thirty mA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MarkieSparkie, I will do. It is an old board and not one I am working on ( a new board was fitted 18 months ago by someone else for a loft conversion ) but want to put in in the paperwork so its complete. Will get my eyes tested and check when next there.

I spoke to tech yesterday because I heard a whisper they were changing the 6kA rating to 10kA this got thrown up because the default on the Amtech the other sparky was set to 10 kA, not true they said, in fact we have just reduced our kA to 6 on new RCD's the 1o's we reserve for commercial configurations

Reply to MK LN5880 Rcd in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock