Discuss mk sentry stock exchange from screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Today received letter from mk regarding possible problems with their dp 100a disconnector switches.
I have purchased from screwfix some mk consumer units complete as they are very competivley priced and screwfix have passed on my details to mk .
The letter says that some of these particular switches could fail and overheat presenting a potential fire. (There words not mine.)
They are only on certain batches purchased between 1.10.2012 to 19.04.2013.
Mk say that if you have installed this product please inform customer as I am legally obliged to do so. Also for customer to contact exchange helpline and that they (mk electric) will arrange for inspection and if faults to switch is dicovered to replace free of charge.
Any stock from screwfix dispatched after 19.04.2013 has been cleared and approved so is ok.
Personally I don't know if this only applies to 100a switch disconnectors sold from screwfix or if it also applies to other retailers/wholesalers .
So if anyone had the same sort of letter from mk but through different wholesaler could you please say.
Now to inform my unlucky customers . Apart from it not being my fault directly I still feel an element of responsibility so better tell them. Good job I ve only fitted three db from screwfix that were bought over this period but scewfix is not my only source which is why I am hoping that this problem does not affect other wholesalers or there will me more explaining to do.

Sacks of absolutle sh!t for letting dangerous items go out into the general market.

MK now rank alongside Proteus and CPN in my estimations.

Been brought up to think that mk was a good value and good trade standard product but actually now seems maybe not so.
Ok they come clean put their hands up and seem prepared to do the right thing. Just makes you wonder how may manufacturers would do the same.Have used mk cu for number of years now and feel cheated in a way also have recommend ed and also insisted on them in domestic situations.
By the way not making any excuse for their mistakes just giving honest opinion.

Yeah they've done the right thing...hats off to them in that respect.

But, the whole situation shouldn't exsist.

Wonder who checks their clobber before it's goes out into general sale, if they don't put all there products through strict safety tests then someone is going to get fingered at MK well and truley by H&S.

Just heard from MK today. They are offering x20 double sockets to carry out an initial check of the date of manufacture on the switches and a further 30 should the switch need changing.

I only have one to check as I only use MK now if I need a left hand side switch.

However, if you have ten to check and replace, what the hell are you going to do with 500 sockets on the shelf!!!

Just heard from MK today. They are offering x20 double sockets to carry out an initial check of the date of manufacture on the switches and a further 30 should the switch need changing.

I only have one to check as I only use MK now if I need a left hand side switch.

However, if you have ten to check and replace, what the hell are you going to do with 500 sockets on the shelf!!!

Sell them on ebay for a grand

Reply to mk sentry stock exchange from screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net