Discuss Mobile Cafe/Bar Which C-Form supply should I have in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

entbbe

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am currently having a Mobile Cafe/Bar put into a Citroen HY Van and have the following equipment

1 Black & White Coffee Machine 7000w
1 Chiller 130w
1 3 Door Chiller 350w
1 Kettle 1kw
1 Toaster 1200w
1 Counter top caravan oven/grill 1500w
Led Lighting circuit, which could run off the vans own battery
3kw Socket of incidental items, ie phone chargers, laptops, Fan heater, cooling fan (not at same time though lol)
1 till system 65w

I am having a C-Form socket fitted to the van which is immediately split inside so that the coffee machine can have a dedicated supply and circuit breaker. all other equipment run on standard 13amp sockets but will each have their own circuit breakers

I just need to work out what size supply will be required with a 20% leeway for future add ons

Can anyone advise ?

regards

Nigel

If you add up the wattage of ALL the appliances you are intending on using what do you get?

What type of supply are you gunning for? Generator? Hook-up to nearby shop etc?

Who is installing it?

Speaking from personal experience of being a production electrician at small festivals and having to magic up a supply out of thin air for such vans I can say that if you came to one of my sites i'd be perfectly happy if you arrived with a 63A inlet connector with a 32A - 63A adaptor cable and a 16A - 32A adaptor and the attitude that you will be happy to stagger the start up of the items or not use certain items in order to limit the current you actually draw.

I would be surprised if that lot you have at the moment was to draw 32A, let alone 63A but better off being prepared for future increases, and if you carry the right adaptors with you then you will have no problem getting power anywhere.

The festival I did last weekend had a 'surprise' arrival of a fish and chip van with a 63A inlet connector and a total connected load of 15KW, nearly all cooking load though so I applied diversity and came up with 25.5A, he got a 32A supply.

If you really want to get on well with the electrician when you are being fed by a generator you will have a 3 phase inlet and your loads balanced, it makes balancing the load on the generator so much easier if the loads are all balanced within themselves!

What's this thing about splitting the supply from the inlet (not socket!) to feed the coffee machine? Why does it not simply go to the CU, with the coffee machine run from an MCB there? In an emergency you should be able to isolate the system by turning off the CU main switch. I agree you'll probably be able to run on 32A especially if you don't try to heat all the boilers in the coffee machine from cold at the same time as everything else.

could you not afford a colour coffee maschine? they can come in red, green, blue, even pink. not all that much more expensive than the b/w ones.

Reply to Mobile Cafe/Bar Which C-Form supply should I have in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock