Discuss Mobile forum viewing ... spams and scams in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

This isn't a forum thing. Your mobile browser needs erasing and reinstalling. Possibly run an anti-virus on it to clear anything out. You've been looking at too many dodgy websites lol

But it's nothing to do with the forum that's for sure.

I'm not totally convinced. It has only ever happened while scrolling through a loading page on this site. Only in those very specific circumstances. Never on any other site ever. It has happened over a dozen times now whilst looking at this forum.

I'll not be running AVG as I find it a very spammy and performance limiting programme on the PC.

---Only happened while scrolling through a loading page on this site. Only in those very specific circumstances..
2 sites that seemed to give my firefox a workout ,Here with its moving adds , and Maplins . I only go chrome for Youtube ! (Adds with Download buttons -hate them )...Did add an apk-program-backup..and shift to SD card ...(its getting hard to do same tricks with later android)

I'm not totally convinced. It has only ever happened while scrolling through a loading page on this site. Only in those very specific circumstances. Never on any other site ever. It has happened over a dozen times now whilst looking at this forum.

I'll not be running AVG as I find it a very spammy and performance limiting programme on the PC.
You need to run some form of anti-virus even if you erase it again after. It's not a forum issue I assure you.

If it was, we'd know about it. We have various analytics tracking patterns of browsing and when people leave the site (via malicious ways or natural by clicking a link) we get to track that and where they ended up. So we'd be able to find the URL in the example in our stats, and I can't.

We also run our traffic through Cloudflare.com, which would get rid of anything untoward.

The type of vulnerability you're suggesting would mean we've had an SQL injection, and I've checked the DB's and we haven't, as I thought.

Run some antivirus and perhaps Ccleaner too. Get your machine / browser cleaned and try again.
Also, disable any plugins in your browser and try for a while. It's most likely a rogue plugin. One of the main causes of browser issues.

The fact it says sexy. in the URL would also suggest you got the malicious browser hijacking when browsing some ---- site. lol

I have Mcafee on my main computer (love it/ hate it your call), but as part of the package it also installs on my smart phone, many smart phone uses have little to no antivirus software on there phone yet they will surf the internet the same as their computer at home, it must be realised the smart phone is in fact a compact computer and thus prone to any attacks the same if not more so given there popularity.

Which is a good, free, antivirus software for an Android phone?

Best search the Google Play store for "antivirus" and then check the reviews for the free ones.

AVG Antivirus
Avast! Antivirus

Both decent.

Also run Ccleaner (two C's in that name, it's not a typo there)

That runs a different kinda cleaning process that can get rid of unwanted stuff.

Also always checkout your browser plugins. Some get added / installed / enabled when you don't really realise it. And can bring with them extra vulnerabilities. So disabling any ones you know you don't use can help close those back doors.

Also run Ccleaner (two C's in that name, it's not a typo there)

That runs a different kinda cleaning process that can get rid of unwanted stuff.

Not sure about these 'cleaner' or 'doctor' apps. downloaded a cleaner one recently (forgot the name but it had really good reviews) and apparently it cleaned about 1.5 meg off my phone. I then uninstalled it.
Just out of curiosity I downloaded another one (also highly rated) and that told me it has cleaned 1.3 meg off my phone...

I will check out the virus ones.

The fact it says sexy. in the URL would also suggest you got the malicious browser hijacking when browsing some ---- site. lol

How very dare you insinuate such salacious nonsense !? I'll write to my MP and have you done for slander. I'll have you know I'm an upstanding member of my comm ....... oh hang on there might have been one or two times.

Thanks for the info though. :D I can assure you it has only ever happened when browsing this site. How it all works I don't know, just know what I experience.

... I'll have you know I'm an upstanding member of my comm ....... oh hang on there might have been one or two times.....

Are we talking 'a week', 'a day', 'a hour'....

Now sending me to sites for fake Asda vouchers. As soon as I opened this site and touched the screen it diverted me to the spam site.

2018-01-11 08.13.41.png

lol it's nothing to do with us matey I assure you. It's as soon as you open your browser and visit any site I'm sure. Problem is you visit this one the most and / or first.

Clean your phone or use a different browser or something.

You have malware on your phone.

lol it's nothing to do with us matey I assure you. It's as soon as you open your browser and visit any site I'm sure. Problem is you visit this one the most and / or first.

Clean your phone or use a different browser or something.

You have malware on your phone.

I totally believe and accept what you say, it's down to malware. That's not how it is happening though. It's not as I open my browser, it's only when I open this site. This could be mid browsing or first off. I can be looking at another site but it can happen as soon as I switch to this one, either by switching browser window or by navigating to it from an open window.
It has never happened with any other website, even spurious ones ;)

Unfortunately my phone has no app space for me to download any virus software so I guess I'll have to put up with it.

Now sending me to sites for fake Asda vouchers. As soon as I opened this site .....
Try typing address -rather than any saved shortcuts .
(I have a phone in a similar state -near full + dead Play store !...
resisting a factory reset ..for all the agro )--Liked it when you could backup -Apps ------for bad upgrade/irritating-bits,
Had a rollback option!

I totally believe and accept what you say, it's down to malware. That's not how it is happening though. It's not as I open my browser, it's only when I open this site. This could be mid browsing or first off. I can be looking at another site but it can happen as soon as I switch to this one, either by switching browser window or by navigating to it from an open window.
It has never happened with any other website, even spurious ones ;)

Unfortunately my phone has no app space for me to download any virus software so I guess I'll have to put up with it.
I can't help you any further really matey. There's nowt I can do my end.

Try uninstall and reinstall your web browser from fresh.

Maybe back-up some of your ---- collection onto a micro SD card to make room so you can install AVG Free :cool:

Ha, nowt like that on the phone. The phone came with an apps partition and it won't let me use other memory for apps. With every app update bigger and bigger, just the essential apps take up all the room.
Time for a new one really.

Reply to Mobile forum viewing ... spams and scams in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net