Discuss Mobile forum viewing ... spams and scams in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Been seeing more of these type of ads popping up when mobile viewing. The problem has stopped as I don't try and scroll before the site has loaded. I believe it was these ads I was clicking on while scrolling. No problems with any other website and no malware on my phone.
Mobile forum viewing ... spams and scams 2018-04-04_09-59-31 - EletriciansForums.net

It’s not you Andy, I had them on a BRAND NEW iPhone on the first day I got it.

So it must have come with pre installed malware for this site only.

According to the site owners it's absolutely impossible though Lee. We must be wrong.

Well I’m no IT expert, far from it but I do know this.

My phone had it from day 1, the same as my previous iPhone. Maybe I infected my phone with my grubby hands.

I don’t get those types of ads on other forums.

Posting a message on this forum does not remove the ads as the site owner suggests.

One of the first options of a trial AVG ,was to delete my internet history CARP ! (Have a newer phone -even that filled up with -Bigged up google services ... )
Allegedly Motorola come with less pre-installed ,bundled rubbish..
(but not what I have)

Been seeing more of these type of ads popping up when mobile viewing. The problem has stopped as I don't try and scroll before the site has loaded. I believe it was these ads I was clicking on while scrolling. No problems with any other website and no malware on my phone.
View attachment 41640
Contrary to what they are saying on that pop up - it is a joke because you can’t be the millionth viewer everyday and you @Andy78 cant be the millionth because I am! Don’t know where to turn!

I feel so left out...what's an app? I've got a windows phone! Mugger who grabbed it off me at the bus station returned it 2 minutes later, with a look of sympathy/scorn on his face...
I've just replaced the battery on the phone I use for work, a good old 3310 so I see your "what's an app?" and I raise you a "what's a wifi?"

One of my installed apps is causing spurious adverts to be placed on this forum ?
as daft as it sounds, yup. I kept getting similar a few years ago whenever I went on a car forum I was a member of. The app had somehow hijacked the browser just at that page. In the end I traced it to a crappy little app I used to track exercise. Once deleted it stopped.

as daft as it sounds, yup. I kept getting similar a few years ago whenever I went on a car forum I was a member of. The app had somehow hijacked the browser just at that page. In the end I traced it to a crappy little app I used to track exercise. Once deleted it stopped.
Quite a few others have reported these ads though.

The only apps I have came with the phone or from legit sources. No daft little apps like that.

Quite a few others have reported these ads though.

The only apps I have came with the phone or from legit sources. No daft little apps like that.
interesting.... I know I haven't had anything like that, but I do use a pop up blocker and an ad blocker through Chrome.

I would have replied sooner, but after waiting for my browser to be checked I not only found out I was the 1,000,000th visitor awaiting a huge prize but also some chinese girls where interested in me so have been somewhat pre occupied.

Reply to Mobile forum viewing ... spams and scams in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock