Discuss mobile home in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jamie_donnan

well i have to bring a supply into a mobile home for a friend, the fuse board in the mobile has 3 breakers (2 6 amp and 1 32 amp type b's) so basically 2 lighting and 1 power circuit. i was wondering what size of cable i should take from the board in the shed to the mobile? and what size of breaker i should use in the board in the shed? can anyone help me out?

Jamie I take it that you are an electrician. If that is the case you need to work it out taking into consideration length of run, maximum demand, voltage drop etc etc. Also earthing arrangements and any specific requirements in section 7 of bs7671.

what he just said ^^^^^^.

What he ^^ said about what ^^ he said

according to your profile, you're a trainee and so should not be doing work of this nature as yet. if it's an excercise in working out what to do, then post your ideas so we can assess if your workings are right. also apply to join the trainee forum. you'll get loads of help in there without getting ripped.

Jamie I take it that you are an electrician. If that is the case you need to work it out taking into consideration length of run, maximum demand, voltage drop etc etc. Also earthing arrangements and any specific requirements in section 7 of bs7671.

I am an apprentice yea but it's only a temporary for a few weeks so I just wana no from someone who knows roughly

roughly is not an option. precise is. it's not like plumbing where anything will do if it don't flood the place.

Jamie there is no such thing as roughly whats right when doing electrics. Why not ask one of the sparks you work with for some help with this project.

Or post up your calcs and we can see what you know and where you maybe going wrong, the we can help from there.

Also there is a very good and helpful trainee section on here so maybe you could look at getting to access into there.

Reply to mobile home in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock