Discuss Mode not supportedddddddddd in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

chris gray

-
Arms
Reaction score
as the title reads really.
I have bought a cctv kit, it’s all wired but my tv says ‘mode not supported’
Tried with the technical help desk but they say I probably need to alter my ar on my tv. I’ve tried this but to no avail.
any guidance would be appreciated please
Tia

as the title reads really.
I have bought a cctv kit, it’s all wired but my tv says ‘mode not supported’
Tried with the technical help desk but they say I probably need to alter my ar on my tv. I’ve tried this but to no avail.
any guidance would be appreciated please
Tia
What kit, tv and how have you connected it?

Do you have a PC monitor you could connect to the VGA port of the DVR/NVR (if it has one)?

It's probably using a resolution/refresh rate that's not supported by your telly. Using say a PC monitor may allow you to tweak the config.

Do you have another tv in the house? If so plug it in and change the output resolution on the NVR. You might have to do it a few times to find the right setting that your other monitor/tv supports. If you have the manual for the TV then the max resolution should be stated in there.

I’m a 1 tv household.
The tv remote got terminal injury a bit back and the instructions for tv got filed on day dot.
I’m gna have to find a monitor to tweak.

I just didn’t know wether I was missing something blatant.

I have installed a few of these but always onto new purpose bought monitors.

Cheers for the reply

I’m a 1 tv household.
The tv remote got terminal injury a bit back and the instructions for tv got filed on day dot.
I’m gna have to find a monitor to tweak.

I just didn’t know wether I was missing something blatant.

I have installed a few of these but always onto new purpose bought monitors.

Cheers for the reply
Nip down Argos, pick up a TV for £100, tweak the settings then take it back for a refund as it’s rubbish :D

I’m predicting I need to tweak through a monitor tbh
That sounds right, although you'd have thought VGA out to your TV VGA in would work. Composite video to TV may default to NTSC which might confuse the AV in of your TV, as you say, might have to use a computer monitor to access setup.

Reply to Mode not supportedddddddddd in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net