Discuss Monthly accounts help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just started subbying for an electrical company doing testing and some day rate work. Ive sorted out how to do my invoice and day work sheet but I cant figure out how to SET out my monthly accounts on a piece of A4. Basically I will have roughly 4 incoming invoices and then what ever outgoings i.e petrol, tools, phone work wear etc. I just cant get it in to my head how to put it on a piece of paper to see what my monthly profit will be before or after tax is deducted. Has anyone got a template they could PM me to give me some idea of the lay out? Any info is much appriciated.

Cheers
Jay

P.S Your probably thinking how can this guy can be a sparky and not know how to do accounts? Well i agree:confused:

simplex D account book. does it all week by week. accountants and taxman love em

nother thing, you don't have to enter petrol, road tax, repairs or anything to do with your motor,
just enter the mileage at the start and end of the financial year. up to 10,000 miles per annum the taxman allows you 40p/mile running costs. over 10,000 its only 25p. saves saving all those petrol receipts that have faded to blank by the time you put them in.

Make 4 columns on your A4 sheet.
Column 1 ........Date
Column 2.........Income
Column 3.........Expenditure
Column 4.........Profit

Add all Col 2 put sum at bottom of page, do same with Col 3, Deduct col 3 from 2, put figure at bottom of Col 4.

Reply to Monthly accounts help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock