Discuss Motion sensor light dimming in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
First post, just looking for some advice if possible please.

I have a customer that would like their driveway lights to be operated by a PIR motion sensor. The lights are to fade up to maximum brightness, stay on for a predetermined amount of time and then fade to off.

Does anyone know of a product that can facilitate this? I've had a look at some of the dali and bus related 1-10v stuff, but have got confused by the number of products available.

Many thanks in advance

Greg

Never heard of such a thing. You might be able to make it happen by inserting an appropriate capacitor into the circuit to give you the fading in and out effect. Is it worth experimenting with?

I have a customer that would like their driveway lights to be operated by a PIR motion sensor. The lights are to fade up to maximum brightness, stay on for a predetermined amount of time and then fade to off.

Does anyone know of a product that can facilitate this? I've had a look at some of the dali and bus related 1-10v stuff, but have got confused by the number of products available.

Many thanks in advance

Greg

Another thought is perhaps you don't particularly want a security camera to take its time reaching full light especially when you have CCTV. It would give the perp time to hide their face. Fade out yes. But not fade in.

You need a sensor connected to an intelligent dimmer which I'd assume will have to be software driven/programable.

Someone on here in the last week or so did post up about intelligent lighting.

How deep are your clients pockets?

I've fitted a few FernHoward (Rexel Group) LED bulkhead that have this feature built in.

They can be set to a permanent % on then when the MS activates they ramp up to full on for the set time then fade back to the default on %.

I know these don't fit your requirement but there are products out there.

Does your client want them all to come on together or individually as each light is triggered?

Many thanks in advance

Greg
I am looking for the same thing for my house, I think is very cool, found this DH-HC018V, will stay at 10% standby light and when you walk in goes to 100% and then 80% -50% to 10% but I’m not sure if fade in and out.

Reply to Motion sensor light dimming in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net