Discuss Motorists could face £100 fine for driving too close to cyclists in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That will only work if plod fine cyclists for jumping lights, erratic cycling in traffic, ignoring pedestrian crossings and riding without lights

They will turn a blind eye to them.

They will turn a blind eye to them.
yes, because they can't take their licence away. thay ain't go one. and besides. compulsory insurance for cyclists should be introduced.

al depends if they got a nice arse ( the female ones, that is).

Before we had kids I always used to shouts out "check the arse out on him" to the missus, when seeing a bloke on a bike. Doesn't really go down well with the kids if I do it now...

Like 99.999% of people using their phones

Just seen something on the news about the police going round in double decker busses so they can see people using their phones whine the phone is on their lap. 6 points and £200 fine.

Tricky giving chase in a double decker ...

A van is high enough

:laughing::laughing: Just to video you on the phone mate. Then post you the penalty

They might have jet powered busses...

So how does this work if you are closer than 1.5m to a bike but the cyclist is in a cycle lane ? Surely if overtaking closer than 1.5m is dangerous then all cycle lanes that don't allow this margin will have to be widened to be safe ?

London turning into the murder capital yet police have the resources to sit on double decker buses looking for people on their phone.

And what if you were 1.5 mtrs away and the cyclist moves out towards you just at the time a Police car passes?

The fine should also apply to cyclists who put themselves less than 1.5 mtrs away from a vehicle, that'll stop them squeezing down the sides of cars at traffic lights, or lorries and then surprise surprise, getting crushed.

London turning into the murder capital yet police have the resources to sit on double decker buses looking for people on their phone.
Couldn't agree more. People on their phone usually don't give much grief and the Service has had the stuffing kicked out of it.

It's interesting that they reckon it's better to say a distance. I treat them as if they are a car and only overtake when there is a whole lane space available. If you were 1.5m away (hang on, let me get my laser measure out ...) it must be less safe?

The fine should also apply to cyclists who put themselves less than 1.5 mtrs away from a vehicle, that'll stop them squeezing down the sides of cars at traffic lights, or lorries and then surprise surprise, getting crushed.

You would think so but again, it won't happen.
It's just another ill thought out plan.

These sort of initiatives are usually carried out by Special Constables that give their time for free and have full police powers.

You need not worry about resources.

Reply to Motorists could face £100 fine for driving too close to cyclists in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net