Discuss Mounting onto SIPS panels (warm roof) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jerriais

Anybody had any experience mounting onto a roof with insulation over the rafters, a so-called warm roof?
Could you put hanger bolts down through the SIPS panels as some installers do on a slate roof? (but let's not get started on that discussion on this thread!) But would still have a problem finding the rafters and probably having to strengthen them to avoid splitting them with wide diameter hanger bolts.

Any ideas welcome!

@jerriais You'll need to contact the manufacturer as you'll be introducing a potential cold bridge which will invalidate a lot of their insulation claims.

Reply to Mounting onto SIPS panels (warm roof) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

To do this well can be a little problematic or expensive to say the least. The construction of the vast majority of Scottish Roofs includes...
Replies
Views
So I've been down in Cornwall for the last couple of days and the place is covered in panels now. A hell of a lot of them on slate roofs and the...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
C
Hi all I have an install in the next few days on an oak shingle roof. Technically they are shakes - i.e. they are split oak rather than sawn...
Replies
Views
M
We're building a new bike store at the bottom of the garden (complies with permitted development) and have deiced to make it a solar powered roof...
Replies
Views
MickF
M
I
Hi All I went to inspect an installation yesterday at a customer's request as the company has now ceased trading. The installation was quite neat...
Replies
Views
moggy1968
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock