Discuss Moving an installed system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Launderer

We have a commercial customer inquiry for a 10kW PV system and a Biomass boiler install. There is a possibility that their current facility will be closed down and a new building will be built 100 metres away. The customer is asking if they have the PV and Biomass installed now and then in a year or 2s time moved onto new building will he still be entitled to FITS and RHI at the original rates?

The system will still be registered to the same address and the same name but I think there may be problems with the PV as its a different meter and MPAN No and the Biomass system will likely be oversized with the improved insulation properties of the new building?

Any comments or observations gratefully received.

hope you enjoy worms as you've just opened a wopping great big can of them.

I shall watch this thread with interest though in case you get anything from Ofgem saying yay or nay.

Just sent an email to the renewables office at OFGEM posing the same question. Will post their reply if/when I receive it.

I would be very careful how you ask any question of either OFGEM or the FIT supplier because once you have an unwelcome or wrong answer you will find it difficult to make them change their mind. The key is before you ask any question (if you do ask that is) to effectively know the answer already and the chain of logic to get to it. You will need to fully understand the statutory definitions of, to name a few:
Accredited FIT Installation
Eligible Installation
Owner
Plant
Site (vital to understand)

If downstream it is the same installation made up of the same plant in continuous ownership of the same owner at the same site, then you should be alright under the legislation. But there are a whole load of hurdles to overcome to get to that point!

Regards
Bruce

The Biomass won't be a problem if you size the thermal store accordingly it just means they won't need to light it as often once the new building is connected to the heat main.

Reply to Moving an installed system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock