Discuss Moving cu. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Need to price for moving cu , now I know I need to mechanically protect or use rcd .

If I use a 16mm high tuff hidden through ceiling is there a rcd switched fuse unit on The market. As I've never seen them.

Last edited:
Use a cable installation method that does not require RCD protection, because otherwise you will have one upfront RCD and any fault will take out the entire supply instead of just the faulty circuit.
A unit like this could have the main switch replaced with an RCD if you did need to go this route.
Switch fuse.jpgbut I would only consider this if there was only one or two final circuits.

you would only need a RCD up front if the cable was buried <2" deep in wall, and not protected by earthed screen/containment. in a ceiling void you would just need to install>2" from ceiling . it's all in the byb and was also in the bgb and brb if you are so far behind.

339bc6ce1c96701403911aa9bfbd4d5b.png
Amendment 3 switch fuse for the SWA.

you would only need a RCD up front if the cable was buried <2" deep in wall, and not protected by earthed screen/containment. in a ceiling void you would just need to install>2" from ceiling . it's all in the byb and was also in the bgb and brb if you are so far behind.
Unless its TT supply?

Leesparkykent, that capping looks like it would be sturdier than the new build! Grinder to cut or quality hacksaw blade?

The top three hacksaw blades in my opinion are Sandvik, Eclipse and Starret.

24tpi General, 32tpi good for tray and 18tpi for unistrut! See I do listen to this forum. I've got so many screen shots of this forum on my iPad and iPhone that I've got no time to train or work if I was to go back over them all. Learning by others experience and the odd mistake!

how many tpi on my angle grinder, i ain't got a clue. but it does general,tray, unistrut, girders, and still good to cut a plumber into pieces.

Reply to Moving cu. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net