Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss MR16-LED replacements in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Leclanche

Leclanche EF Member

Hi Guys,

We are looking to replace some 500 X 20watt MR16 halogen spot lamps with LED's can anyone suggest a reliable make/type. We are trying to evaluate which will prove the most reliable. I understand that heat dissipation is a factor and half of the install are uplighting will this have a bearing on their lifetime? figures of 35,000-50,000 hrs are being quoted which is great and of course the lower running costs & low maintenance make these an ideal replacement. I also understand that the cheaper brands may have compatability issues with existing 12v halogen transformers. Just wondering if anyone has had experience of any of the above issues. My early investigations seem to point to Philips as being as good as you get.
    Any advice would be welcome.
    Thanks

Dave :bulb2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.