Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss multi consumer board changes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Farmelectrics

Farmelectrics Farmelectrics Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Farm electrics
    before changing db you have to prove that the installation is ok to accept 17th edition boards a landlord has asked me to change 12 in a block of flats now usually i would do full test on boards but bearing in mind the prices are tight not wanting to spend to much time would i get away with just an insulation test between LN together to earth your thoughts please

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    visual inspection, then IR . test for borrowed neutrals. if you have an earth leakage clamp meter, check if there's any apparent earth leakage. measure Ze. CONFIRM EARTHING AND BONDING. lack of bonding can bite you in the pocket.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. Farmelectrics

Farmelectrics Farmelectrics Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Farm electrics
    once the new board was fitted a full test will be done and cert issued but is the above test good enough for me to change board done this in past and got readings ranging from 8Mohms upwards

4. tony mc

tony mc Electrician's Arms

The above tests should be enough to change the board and if the IR tests are 8 Meg and above the RCD's will hold no problem at all.

Its the unexpected faults that you have to look for ie no continuity on final rings ccts very high R1 +R2 readings on radials which need further investigation etc etc.

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    if time allows, might be a good idea to take a few Zs readings and end/end continuity of RFC/S.

• Like Like x 1