Discuss Multi function testing................... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

lippy

-
Reaction score
Hi guys .... and girls,
I am returning to the industry after working in other areas for the last 30 years........ I am time served with MANWEB and have just done my 17th edition regs to re qualify, and I start the 2395 / 2395 this week.
I have been gone so long I don't have contacts in the industry now and have no idea what i should be looking for in a multifunction tester. any help or advice is greatly appreciated

many thanks .....Lippy

kewtech kt61 does all required tests. second hand on fleabay for £100 plus some money on calibration afterwards.
when business gets going get a new £500 shiny tester of your choice.

Maybe consider getting some Robin single meters Personally and out of choice I use single meters.I tend to find the MFTs slow,potchy,expensive and irritating

Contact Test Meter, a forum sponsor and talk to them.

Buy cheap = buy twice.

Very true, you get what you pay for, just make sure it does everything you want and may want in the future. I personally like Fluke and have a 1654B, great bit of kit and does the lot.

Its a shame some of these companies don't do a cheap or interest free finance deal so you can get kitted up and pread it over 10 months or something. I know with musical instruments it's like that as most places offer interest free pay for later finance over 10 months.

Megger for me Fluke for many others, stuck with what I learnt on, probably the same for others.
I think the reason music shops do spread payments is because if you go to your bank, ask for a businness account and credit card, then tell them you are a musician? You would have more chance saying you want to be a free-lance astronaut. (Never made it past space cadet me-self).

Megger for me Fluke for many others, stuck with what I learnt on, probably the same for others.
I think the reason music shops do spread payments is because if you go to your bank, ask for a businness account and credit card, then tell them you are a musician? You would have more chance saying you want to be a free-lance astronaut. (Never made it past space cadet me-self).

Haha .. yes! .. been there, done that.

Bloody banks are so out f touch they think drummers are musicians !!

I used to be an active member of the Musicians' Union in the early 70's and the union rate of pay for drummers was lower than - say - a keyboard player, bass player, trombonist etc. because the Union did not at the time recognise drummers as musicians. It was something to do with the need / ability to read music I think.

Dunno if it's still the same now though.

Most of my jokes are about drummers. The rest are about Mackems !!

There are plenty of good deals out there, Megger and Fluke are the obvious choices, however you should also consider the Metrel testers if you are working on a budget, they offer the full range of electrical tests and some of them come with downloading software as well.

Look around and you'll find a good deal on new models, they range from around £399 + VAT.

There are plenty of good deals out there, Megger and Fluke are the obvious choices, however you should also consider the Metrel testers if you are working on a budget, they offer the full range of electrical tests and some of them come with downloading software as well.

Look around and you'll find a good deal on new models, they range from around £399 + VAT.

Less than that Mark, the range of Metrel testers start from £339+VAT, and we can also offer a 5% discount as a forum sponsor. The Metrel MI3000 is a great choice and has a newly designed colour scheme. This tester is exclusive to us within the UK and we can ship on a next working day service to you should you wish to purchase.

Less than that Mark, the range of Metrel testers start from £339+VAT, and we can also offer a 5% discount as a forum sponsor. The Metrel MI3000 is a great choice and has a newly designed colour scheme. This tester is exclusive to us within the UK and we can ship on a next working day service to you should you wish to purchase.

Wow, does the new colour scheme add technical functionality?

Reply to Multi function testing................... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net