Discuss Multicore Fp 200 Gold or LSX in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Silver6003

Hi guys So many moons ago when fp 200 was but a glimmers in whoever's eye We had ...MIMS or pyro as we all knew it .
It came in many guises and with many cores .Idea for running a ring circuit with just one cable .
So my question is this . How easy can you get it seems a 7 core 2.5 mm2 reel of fp 200 gold ?
I think the job i need to do run extra sockets in a very busy take away kitchen would be ideal ...The fact you run/clip the cable once, it bends easy and working on steps one only needs to be in one place drill /screw / clip and move on . Yes I know its expensive However I think the expense of the outlay will beneifit My client in the long run . I'm doing it on a hourly rate as agreed . trunking / conduit is fiddly and you're on steps twice also the enviroment lends its self to clipping high level surface and the quicker i do it it's going to cost him less in my time . He lives above me in my house so this is a bit of a test . With 4 take away businesses and a whole new venture to be kitted out this could be start of something regular . I need to know asap please a ) how easy it is to get b) can you get it by the meter C) The best Wholesaler who can supply it in you considered opinions
Oh btw I live in South London

Many Thanks Silver

Hi guys So many moons ago when fp 200 was but a glimmers in whoever's eye We had ...MIMS or pyro as we all knew it .
It came in many guises and with many cores .Idea for running a ring circuit with just one cable .
So my question is this . How easy can you get it seems a 7 core 2.5 mm2 reel of fp 200 gold ?
I think the job i need to do run extra sockets in a very busy take away kitchen would be ideal ...The fact you run/clip the cable once, it bends easy and working on steps one only needs to be in one place drill /screw / clip and move on . Yes I know its expensive However I think the expense of the outlay will beneifit My client in the long run . I'm doing it on a hourly rate as agreed . trunking / conduit is fiddly and you're on steps twice also the enviroment lends its self to clipping high level surface and the quicker i do it it's going to cost him less in my time . He lives above me in my house so this is a bit of a test . With 4 take away businesses and a whole new venture to be kitted out this could be start of something regular . I need to know asap please a ) how easy it is to get b) can you get it by the meter C) The best Wholesaler who can supply it in you considered opinions
Oh btw I live in South London

Many Thanks Silver
FP200 is mainly used for fire and Safety installations, I have had a quick look and I can't see FP200 being suitable for general wiring to BS7671 standards

FP200 is mainly used for fire and Safety installations, I have had a quick look and I can't see FP200 being suitable for general wiring to BS7671 standards
I used to use it all the time for the company i worked for they supplied it to me . ...If its White its normal cable and adheres to all the regs surely .? Red yes for Fire Alarms . i would never use red fp 200 gold for a 230v installation .....I've seen it though

It is Pete, a lot of emergency lighting gets wired in white FP200.
see i knew it .......I used to work for a company that Maintained wine bars and city offices in London .....We used to wire Feeds to Ac units into an IP rated Isolator All sorts of places ,Plant rooms etc . Surely when its White is better than t&e and can used in the place of pyro ......and can be clipped direct
As I tell people I do what I was taught ....Because I was taught by great sparks

Hi Silver - Using one multicore cable to create a ring will be electrically equivalent, but I think it needs derating if you use one cable for all the cores. Using the 2.5mm2 I'm guessing you want a 32A MCB on the ring and each cable pair rated to 20A at least. Ventcroft rates its 2.5mm FP200 at 27A clipped direct, then derate due to the additional conductors, something like Table 4C1, say 0.8, giving 21.6A which is ok :) . So only the problem of finding the cable.

Having worked that thru - why not do it as a radial in 4mm, as Ventroft FP200 is rated 36A clipped direct ? (as you say, better than T&E) Cheers.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/NoBurn/NoBurn_Spec.pdf

Hi Silver - Using one multicore cable to create a ring will be electrically equivalent, but I think it needs derating if you use one cable for all the cores. Using the 2.5mm2 I'm guessing you want a 32A MCB on the ring and each cable pair rated to 20A at least. Ventcroft rates its 2.5mm FP200 at 27A clipped direct, then derate due to the additional conductors, something like Table 4C1, say 0.8, giving 21.6A which is ok :) . So only the problem of finding the cable.

Having worked that thru - why not do it as a radial in 4mm, as Ventroft FP200 is rated 36A clipped direct ? Cheers.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/NoBurn/NoBurn_Spec.pdf
We used to use 7 core pyro to create rings when I worked for The PSA because they stipulated all surface cabling be in MIMS Places like Cavalry barracks ... Borstals ( 0h how fun they were !!!!) ....places like that .
So my thinking was not use MIMS cause its hideously expensive but use Fp 200 with multicores ...Yes where can I get it and how long will it take and how much .....In a greasy kitchen I want to make my like as easy as poss ....But thanks for your input ....No Chance of A Radial I want to extend the ring .

We used to use 7 core pyro to create rings when I worked for The PSA because they stipulated all surface cabling be in MIMS Places like Cavalry barracks ... Borstals ( 0h how fun they were !!!!) ....places like that .
So my thinking was not use MIMS cause its hideously expensive but use Fp 200 with multicores ...Yes where can I get it and how long will it take and how much .....In a greasy kitchen I want to make my like as easy as poss ....But thanks for your input ....No Chance of A Radial I want to extend the ring .
Also I'm replacing 1 t&E 2.5 mm that's jumped onto a bunched ring in yep .....connector blocks cable tied to any pipe work going to feed a twin S/O Also some clever Sparks has run a cable inside the vent ....Very nice indeed neat though eh you can't see if its twisted !!!!....This is what I've inherited

FP is a poor choice in a kitchen with all the airborne influences, after a while it will look awful and will become a dirt trap.

FP is a poor choice in a kitchen with all the airborne influences, after a while it will look awful and will become a dirt trap.
Trunking will be even worse I fear or conduit /plastic or metal .However anything is better than a 2 .5mm cable tied to any pipe it can be . Surely Dirt trap ha it will be the cleanest thing in the Kitchen .....Anyone ever See Fawlty Towers or Filthy Towers as it called in the Last Ever episode .....I rest my case

Reply to Multicore Fp 200 Gold or LSX in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock