Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Multimeter Reccomdation. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Chris1234

Chris1234 Regular EF Member

Evening, I’m looking for a new multimeter.
    Just the usual AC/DC voltage and resistance autorange and capacitance / diode rest.
    I also want min/max/average readings.

I looked at the Fluke 3000 FC, which does logging, but am I right in thinking that the app to use it is £159 per year?!

Is there anything similar?

Thanks.

2. xmetal

xmetal EF Member

I got myself a Fluke 87V. It's a superb and well built meter and also has the min/max/average function.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TonyMitchell

TonyMitchell Regular EF Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. TonyMitchell

TonyMitchell Regular EF Member

If you want the logging in a more traditional form, the 287 or 289 are worth a look.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

The Megger 410 has done sterling work for myself,and i have converted several pals to it's benefits.

None of them do absolutely everything,and i have used them all.

Don't remember any model which i did not think would benefit from an extra feature :)

I have a little Robin multi with a DC amp fork,which has been with me longer than my missus! It has found and earnt and been impossible to break :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

Fluke 83's been a cracker for ages. They were way ahead of their time....not much different to the latest models, by the looks.
    Still got an big old Avo somewhere, too.

7. Chris1234

Thanks, after seeing the price for Fluke Connect, it’s put me off Fluke! The 287 & 289 are too expensive.
    I like the Megger but will probably get something with logging.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kewtech 1052?

8. Rob

Rob Trusted Advisor

Fluke 177/179 is what I use day to day.

If I need any other additional features to this, I'll hire the gear.

9. UNG

UNG Trusted Advisor

I'm always suspicious when you get the price of the meter quite openly advertised but the price of the lead and software appears to be POA. I've tried to find a price on the 8241 USB comms set and drawn a blank without calling some one

From your comments are you looking to buy a logging meter based on spec with a specific one off function in mind or price
    Whilst the Fluke 289 is an expensive meter it does have some functions that the cheaper meters don't have for in depth fault finding. I haven't had chance to do a comparison with Kewtech on which gives the best value but as mentioned without knowing the cost of the comms kit for the Kewtech it is difficult to assess

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris1234

Yes, it took a bit of searching!
    The add-on unit is £170!

The Fluke 287 & 289?are more than I want to spend really.

Thanks.